Honey?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by angela297
    on

Is a small amount of honey ok to have? What about other condiments like mayonnaise & mustard? I seen all in a list online but I thought no sugar? Honey has a lot!

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hello,
    Honey is no “better” than sucrose (table sugar), however both are “better” than artificial sweeteners, in my opinion. Mayonnaise is good especially if you make your own and avoid the additives. I eat mustard now and again, I don’t think there’s much carbohydrate in most mustards.
    If you’re not diabetic then small amounts of honey should be okay. I go by the advice in the BSD book to “reduce or minimise” white carbs. Some here say we should eliminate them, but the book says otherwise and it’s served me well.
    Good luck!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It comes back to getting used to reading nutritional panels and taking into account the amount of a product you will eat as a portion size. So, something that has a very high carb content, but that would have a very small portions size might be acceptable. This would apply to condiments too. However, regardless of whether something sweetened naturally or not, it will still cause a spike in blood sugar levels, so all are best avoided whenever possible.

• posted by deblauwehollander
    on

I think small amounts of honey should be okay. And i perfer to eat mustard.

Please log in or register to post a reply.