High mornimg blood sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Picco
    on

Hi All,
    I am new to the bsd diet. I’ve been doing it for a week now and have noticed that my morning pre breakfast blood sugar reads are high. About y 150 mg/dl. Usually after 11 ton13 hours of overnight fasting. But my day time reads are in the 90s or low 100s. Is this an effect others have noticed while their body adjusts to the diet?
    Many thanks for any input!

• posted by Puddy
    on

Hi Picco, yes this is a well known morning phenomenon and is your liver dumping sugar into your system. In part it is a normal process to get you up and going for the day. I found mine settled totally after about 2 weeks, and although it is always higher in the morning it it well within the normal range.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Your body thinks it is starving so has a large glycogen reaction (as Puddy says). One solution is to have a VERY small snack just before you go to bed. A slice of ham, a cube of cheese, nothing more than about 50 cals which you can save up for during the day. It tricks the body out of starvation reaction.

• posted by Picco
    on

Thank you Puddy and sunshine-girl! My blood sugar was again 150 mg/dl this morning so, that is reassuring and much appreciated advice! I will save a little pre-bed time snack as of this evening.

Please log in or register to post a reply.