High bloodsugar from oatmel porridge

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by akleja
    on

Hi ! I have just started 10 days ago with diet and are dibetic with insulin and tablets. I have been able to lower my insulin but I have tried to times to eat porridge from rolled oat and gets a bloodsugarpeak at 10-11 from this meal even tough I take te same amount of insulin as I did before diet and I did not have this problem before.
    Have anyone experienced this or have a good explanaton of what happens with my bloodsugarleves now?
    I miss my porridge….but also want to know what happens. I understand oatmeal has a relative high GI but has tolerated this before.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, I dont know why there has been a change in your reaction to something that didn’t have an effect before but oats is very high in carbs and should be kept to 25g serving and only once or twice a week if you cant live without it. Sorry I cant help more.

Please log in or register to post a reply.