High Blood Sugars

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mairead
    on

Hi All
    On the Newcastle Diet for 3 days now. Off all meds. BG between 9-12 . How long before levels drop? Lost 2 kilos already. Any advice much appreciated.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Mairead,
    This post also popped up on another thread, over the 8 week line, and I’ve answered it there

• posted by Mairead
    on

Hi Cherrianne
    Thanks for your reply. I always found that Metformin increased my B/G levels. Strange I know. So upon waking this morning my fasting levels where 12. I restarted Metformin and after 2 hours B/G levels up to 19. Having read lots of different stories I realise time is needed to allow the liver to perform differently when on Newcastle 800 diet. I will continue with diet and hope levels will drop as the weight drops. Not sure about the Metformin at this stage. I am due my yearly review end of April and will know how my levels are then. I am not struggling on this diet but I do wonder why levels are so high. Many thanks for any imput. 😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.