Hi just starting out

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lilac
    on

Hi, I recently read the BS diet and felt that it was the right approach for me. However I’ve just had news that I will likely need shoulder surgery in the coming months and now my main motivation is to be healthier for that.

There is such a wealth of experience here and am enjoying reading so many different viewpoints. I’m looking forward to my journey and feeling really positive but I’m realistic and there may be rocky days ahead. But I know where to come ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lilac, getting the diet underway before your surgery ( sorry you need surgery ๐Ÿ™ ), is a great idea. The healthier you are, the quicker the recovery.
    The first week is usually the hardest but you’ll be surprised at how quickly the carb/ sugar cravings disappear.
    If you need advice or support let us know, there’s always someone around to help. Even just reading through the posts, and learning other people’s stories can be very inspirational. People are overcoming all kinds of hurdles and experiencing success.
    So welcome to the BSD tribe, and stay in touch ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by spendloven
    on

Hello and welcome! I’m new too currently on day 4. Loving it!! I hope it does you well

• posted by Lilac
    on

Thank you so much for your replies and feel truly welcomed.

It has been a good couple of days and feeling good so far. I’ve worked a few more hours, good for my bank balance and less hours at home in the evening.

Looking forward to all the amazing support here.

Hope today has been a good day for you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Allychat
    on

Welcome Lilac & Spendlovin. There are many of us now who have completed the 8 weeks and have got great results. Im in my 9th week and have lost more than 10kg and 21cm from my waist (and down 2 sizes in clothes). I like others had a few bumps along the way but I am so glad I persisted. (I haven’t even increased my exercise yet either.) I still have another 10kg to lose but feel more confident about my ability not only to lose it but keep it off than I have in 30 years! As one of the case studies in Michael’s book said, I too believe this is not only the way to lose weight but also a way of eating and maintaining weight that is totally sustainable. Good luck as you continue on your weight loss and better health journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.