Hi am new confused old useless with tech etc

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by maggimay
    on

Hi I am Maggi. Just wanted to say Hello! and ask a few questions if that is OK. Took me ages to work out how to start a post. Tech overwhelms me. Have been doing BSD for 3 weeks this Sat Must admit I have been eating low carb the good protein right fat which terrified me having been a long time low fat failed dieter. But I haven’t been countng calories. We had builders enlarging tiny kitchen so no running water fridges in front room etc OH now fitting kitchen. Great time to start eh? I lost 10 pounds before Christmas doing a Low Sugar High Fat thing I found somewhere and then gave up but have kept that off. Anyway despite not counting cals have lost 8 pounds so far (so 18 in all) on this WOE, which is good for me as I usually only lose very slowly and by doing lots of exercise which I am unable to do at the moment and have thyroid issues too. I sort of don’t want to count as am useless with numbers and it is nice not to after counting points and so on at slimming clubs. But should I do it as I assume I might lose quicker which seems to be the way to help blood sugar? Would also like to get rid of fat once and for all. Weary of it! Am also confused about ratio of carbs protein fat. People say different things or is it a case of what works for you? Have about 4 more stone to lose. All advice gratefully recieved. Despite kitchen and confusion eating this way I feel so much better, Have been ill for a long time and do have health issues but since starting this I feel like a human being again if that makes sense. Happy and stronger in 3 weeks. That impresses me very much. Oh and butternut squash. Some say you can eat it because it grows above ground some say it is too starchy. Same with sweet potatoes. Some say you can eat the orange ones but not the white ones. Well have rambled on I tend to do that. Looking forward to getting to know folks. Very impressed with some of your successes and seems like a friendly group.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Maggi and welcome to the forums. Don’t worry about the counting calories part if you are not comfortable with it. Many people have successfully lost weight and improved blood sugar just by following the way of life which is what you are doing. If your weight loss stalls and you want to mix it up a bit you can add one counted fast day at 800 calories, or two days, or three days or five days, you get the idea. This is ultimately a very flexible way of eating that can make us all a lot healthier. I started from 5:2, so 2 fast days and the rest just on the way of life, then went to three days, then 5 days then worked my way up to a full 8 weeks at 800 calories which took me almost to my goal. I have since reached my goal and am currently a couple of pounds below it and maintaining my weight with one fast day because I like the discipline.

Please log in or register to post a reply.