Hi All, I'm starting this new journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by elainel
    on

Hi, I’ve read the book and now it’s time to put what I’ve read into practise. I’m very overweight and thankfully haven’t been diagnosed as diabetic, but of I don’t do something about my lifestyle it will happened sooner or later. I’ve had a stressful time with life in general over the last few months, then a light bulb suddenly went on when I was reading this book, I am a sugar addict and it’s up to me to do something about it. So I’ve been out and bought the correct things, I’ve binned the half eaten birthday cake left from my sons 21st birthday party. My other half who works away during the week has prepped some meals for me(he’s the cook in the family), and they are ready in the freezer if I arrive home too late to wish to start from scratch. I’m really looking forward to this as I really feel it is my time, wish me luck.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Wishing you all the best elainel as you start the BSD! If I can do this, anyone can. I started my 6th week today. I’ve lost 15 lbs. now and so happy I found the BSD. Just stay with it and you’ll be successful :–)

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi elainel
    I’ve started today too … I’ve been lurking on the site (not brave enough to commit until now ) and it’s very encouraging and inspiring to read about people’s successes and tips. Everyone seems really supportive and I need the accountability. I am not diabetic either but menopause, medication, laziness and eating rubbish have seen the pounds accumulate. I feel really unfit, uncomfortable and I really want to change that feeling. Anyway here goes…. Good luck to us both Have a good first day

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome on board elainel and Little Annie, good to have two more converts joining the ‘losers’!
    Like you, I had put on weight, following menopause, lack of exercise and poor eating habits. Be kind to yourselves in the first few days, as they can be a bit tough. Don’t panic if you struggle to keep to the 800cals in the first week, just for your best and try not to include too many carbs and you should do fine.
    There is loads of help and advise on here and lots of supportive folks who will respond if you need encouragement or a virtual hug, so just shout out. If your having problems in any particular area, try a search using the box in the top right of the page and you will probably find a thread or two on the topic.
    Keep us all posted on your progress and best of luck to you both for swift and positive results.

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Thanks for the lovely welcome SunnyB

Day One nearly done, although I have felt hungry at times it’s not been too bad all things considered !!!

Hope you had a good day too elainel

• posted by HeatherJane
    on

I started at the weekend and I’m really enjoying the feeling of being in control! I’m only on day 3 and I’m so surprised that I haven’t found it as hard as I thought I would. Good luck to everyone else who is starting out. Its great that we can support each other here.

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi HeatherJane

You are right it’s great to have the support especially people at the same stage ( starting out) good luck to you too and hopefully we will all be posting positive results soon

• posted by elainel
    on

Thanks for the lovely welcome.
    HeatherJane I’m in agreement with you, for once I feel in control. I’ve completed day 2 and I’ve now plan the rest of the week. Good luck everyone we can do this x

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi all,

On day 4 and feeling motivated…. surprised that it’s been less difficult than feared. Have felt hungry, but planning and shopping ahead has made it much easier to stick to. Can’t stop peeing but hey ho if it’s working I can live with that… Only going to weigh in once a week on a Mon am so don’t know if it’s working yet… Hope all going well with you guys x

• posted by GingerbreadMama
    on

Well done little Annie! I started on Monday too, and have managed OK so far. I was particularly worried about today, as I look after my toddler all day (working earlier in the week) and it’s usually hard not to snack! But managed so far and not long until dinner!

• posted by KoolKatKlaire
    on

Hi, I started the journey with my husband who is diabetic on Monday, I’m just very overweight with high blood pressure etc and we have made it to day 4 without killing each other, we are both hungry and I could almost eat my arm off right now but am finding great will power from somewhere, the menus are great and actually really tasty which in truth did surprise me as I have yo yo dieted for years. I cannot wait to weigh myself on Saturday. Mark has seen an improvement with his blood sugar readings already so we are so going to reach the end of week 8.

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hey KoolKatKlaire

Well done to you and Mark . That’s exactly what I meant about feeling motivated …that despite the hungry times for some reason I’ve been able to persevere.like yourselves….. Keep going strong and hope Saturday brings you both results !!!

PS think that arms come in quite high on the calorie count so I’d opt for something less calorific when hunger strikes ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Thanks GingerbreadMama

Well done for resisting temptation today as that is a really tricky one, you can end up snacking before you realise you’ve eaten anything. Enjoy a well deserved dinner !

• posted by KoolKatKlaire
    on

Thank you little Annie, hope things go well for you. I need to find a red cabbage from somewhere planning my turkey burger supper (which is a week away) lol
    Xxx

• posted by Lucky33
    on

I have finally started today as I am not working away this week so know I will be able to give the first week my full focus. I have decided to follow the daily meal plan as they are up to Christmas Eve then have 3 days off but not go mad and then start again for 8 weeks. I have many stones to lose. I was told by Doctor a couple of years ago I was pre-diabetic and have tried losing weight but not stuck to it. However I have decided to really make this work and looking forward to tasting food that I would not normally. Just had my first evening meal the Aubergine with Lamb. I enjoyed it weighed everything but it seemed lot of food. I am interested in hearing how you all get on as I was going to start next Monday but decided to just get going.

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi Lucky33

Well done for just going for it….. Have not thought about Xmas but your plan sounds like an idea….. can’t believe I’m on day 6 and
    feeling surprisingly ok not sure if I’m losing weight but I hope so……..

Hope all going well for you, and all of us in the early stages of this journey

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi i am not a new starter but i am newish, started Oct 31st, just coming to end of my third week. I would like to join as you are all really supportive and encouraging. I have been a type 2 diabetic for 17 years on meds and should be on insulin but i refused as it causes weight gain. I would like to lose a couple of stone after previously losing 2 stone ive been stuck at the same weight for around 6 years, ive tried slimming world, WW and shakes and find i really struggle to lose weight. When i started this way of eating i really thought it wouldnt work and that i would be constantly hungry. I have found the last 3 weeks relatively easy, recipes are really tasty. i have currently lost 8.5lbs and my blood sugars have dropped from 25-26mmol to 7-10mmol, which i am extremely happy about. I have also quit sweeteners and diet coke (a massive thing for me). I am so happy with the way things are going and how well i feel. Look forward to hearing how you all get on in your first weigh in ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi nursecathy44

I am not a diabetic but your blood sugar level improvement is fantastic as well as the 8.5 lb weight loss. Weigh day tomorrow for me, I measured this morning and I’ve lost 1/2″ off waist and 1 and 1/2 ” off the bobble (between waist and hips) so that is encouraging.

Keep going every one we can do this.

• posted by elainel
    on

Hi Nursecathy44

That’s fantastic news about your blood sugar as the difference is a hugh change. The weight is fantastic as well and more will fall off as your blood sugar has improved. We can do this for ourselves and together we are stronger.

• posted by elainel
    on

Hi All

I’d never posted on a forum until I started on here and I’m blown away by all the responses, they are all so supportive and helping each other.
    A little update on my journey. The first week has gone well and I’ve stuck to my plan 100% . Previously with my other half doing the cooking at the weekends( his stress relief) and me living on quick ready meals or takeaways during the week, my ways have now changed. I’ve cooked every night and enjoyed the tasty meals, it was helped that some night half the prep was ready for me in the freezer. I wrote all my meals down for the week, so food didn’t need to be an obsession, something I needed to think about, I knew what I could have. Some days I didn’t eat that days meals but swapped it for another day. I will confess it was hungry towards the end of the afternoon but I knew I had a meal that wouldn’t take long once home. This prompted me to leave work on time and is another step in regaining my work life balance.
    Now for my good news that I still can’t believe, I weighed myself on Saturday morning and I have lost 7lb in my first week. I’ve never lost that amount in a week and I’m still stunned, I’m sure it will slow down but it’s added motivation to stick to it and this time I’m going to get fit me healthy. My other half spent the day in the kitchen, so next week I have soups for lunch and a more than a weeks worth of main meals to chose from.
    Sorry for the long post but I just needed to share.
    I hope everyone else has had a successful week.

• posted by GingerbreadMama
    on

Elainel, great loss and SNAP! 7lb is about the same as my loss this first week! We can do this!

The prep and help from your OH sounds fantastic. It does really help that the food is so tasty, doesn’t it! I’m using the diet book recipes, some recipes from the recipe book, and a few carefully researched others. Still trying to find the ideal soup and/or slow cooker stew recipe!

• posted by elainel
    on

Excellent GingerbreadMama, and as you say we can do this. I’m mainly using the recipes from the recipe book. I’m determined to stick to this way of eating, it’s so easy. I’m away with work next week for 3 days and it’s all set meals with a gala presentation dinner. I’ve been looking at other posts and will try to pick meat/fish and veg but if I fail due to lack of choice then I’m trying to take the view it’s 3days in my journey and I’ll be straight back onto it when I return.
    I look forward to hearing how you get on next week .

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi Girls,
    fabulous weight loss , does it not surprise you how easy and enjoyable this WOE is. Ive just has mashed avocado with sardines for brunch and it was lovely. I tend to plan my meals a couple of weeks in advance and do my food shop online, that way im not tempted to buy anything extra other than ingredients. Heres to another week of feeling great ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Also, i keep a food/mindfulness journal. I write down everything i eat and drink and write at least one happy thought down each day. I also write my daily weight and blood sugars. I find this helps me stay focused ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi girls
    Your weight loss is fantastic I’m sooo… pleased for you… also your determination is inspiring keep it up and i’ll let you know how I get on tomorrow.
    Have a great week ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by LondonGirl
    on

Hi tomorrow is Day one of week 8 for me and I am delighted I have done this diet- I have not lost as much weight as many others for example only 4 pounds in the first week- but I am not complaining as that has taught me that I am overweight because 2000 calories a day for a women is clearly bunkum for me and I need to readjust from here on in.

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi Girls

Yippeee I’ve joined the 7lb /half a stone club….. Got a tricky Xmas type lunch thing today but feeling motivated…
    Thanks for all your support .
    Hello LondonGirl it’ is very reassuring to hear from someone who is so far ahead on their journey and still going strong…

Have a good Monday and a great week

• posted by elainel
    on

Little Annie that’s fantastic, well done.
    We can do this .

Please log in or register to post a reply.