HERE I GO WEEK 1 DAY 2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Steve.R
    on

Started my 8 week program yesterday I weigh in at 130kg im 50yrs old I have diabetes type 2 its time to start looking after myself a bit better I am a tow truck driver on the Gold Coast in Australia I work 12 days on 1 weekend off then back on for 12 days of which I am on call 24hrs except Thursday night which I have off. So much of my eating is grab what I can as I go not a good eating plan. I think it will be a challenge when I go back to work as im on holidays at the moment but I will have most of my meals pre made for each day as best I can. I started the diet yesterday no problems not really hungry I enjoyed all the meals on the meal plan. The veg curry was yummy, my goal is to drop 20kgs in 8 weeks and then go on the 5.2 diet to drop a further 20kgs if I could get to 90kgs I would be a very happy camper.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi SteveR,

Welcome to the forums and your BSD journey.
    You work some very long hours and in such a stressful industry. Your idea of pre-preparing your meals when you go to work is genius. If you can do that and take all of the food and drinks you need to stick with BSD with you, it takes away the need to stray from this way of eating.

At least you’re on holidays while you establish the new eating patterns/food and if you’re organised when you return to work you’ll blitz it.

You’ve put a lot of thought into your BSD plan and now you’re making it happen.
    Have a great holiday.

• posted by Steve.R
    on

thanks Switzerland,
    I am now precooking my more time consuming meals and have invested in a vacuum machine so i can vacuum pack them and put them in the fridge or freezer depending on the meal so now I can just pop the meal in the microwave when I get home so it just got a whole lot easier for me .

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi SteveR,

Genius – vacuum machine – it makes so much sense especially with your long work hours. I’ve heard about them but not ever come across one.
    There are two other aspects of the BSD that I’ve found helpful (1) Exercise – I try and walk 10 000 steps/day. It took me a while to work up to it. Some days life gets in the way and I don’t achieve it, but it’s a goal. The days that I achieve the 10 000 steps are the ones where I go for a walk. I’ve found the walks are just as important for de-stressing. (2) Mindfulness meditation – I use the Smiling Mind app, it’s free and Australian and it works for me. BUT there are many ways to achieve mindfulness meditation, you just need to research it. When mindfulness meditation is practiced cortisol levels are reduced (when raised, cortisol causes overeating). Stress eating doesn’t effect everyone, but if it does, mindfulness meditation is useful.
    Within a few days of starting the BSD on 01/04/16 I noticed an improvement in my sleep patterns. Sleep got more sound when I added mindfulness meditation to the mix.
    Enjoy your BSD journey.

• posted by Steve.R
    on

end week one lost 5kg and my blood sugars are down from 12 to 4.3 so happy and not struggling at this point started walking on the treadmill but i did a 2klm run last night no problems first run in over a year and a half feeling good again things can only improve as time goes on cant wait till week twelve and i do my 3mth hb1c sugars test.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Woo Hoo Steve, what a great start, keep it up and before you know it, 8 weeks will be over and this will just become part of the daily routine.
    Try and remember also to drink at least 2-3 litres of water per day.
    I’d you like to BSD800 diet, you don’t have to go onto the 5:2, you can just keep going as you are till you’ve lost the weight you’re happy with,. A lot on the plan are now over 16 weeks and still going strong.
    Best of luck
    Linda

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Thats a cracking first week result Steve, especially the fast drop in blood sugars.
    Total success story in the making here I feel.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Great results Steve.

• posted by Steve.R
    on

Thanks all for your kind words drinking 3lt of water plus not hard to do here in oz.
    post soon
    steve

Please log in or register to post a reply.