Here goes!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tess77
    on

Hi there! Inspired by Chris Preston’s story on BSD Facebook page, and having read the BSD book, it is time for me to begin. It is with some trepidation as it’s going to mean a huge shift in the way I eat. I’d appreciate any words of advice, support, general praise/encouragement as I navigate the next few weeks and months. Thanks in advance.

• posted by Avila
    on

Hello, welcome aboard – lots of threads of inspiring stories, tips and the questions, from old hands and for a bunch of new starters welcome to the ‘starting tomorrow’ thread (we did less than a week ago). And there is a wide mix and busy chat on ‘hello’.

For me it was important to plan it out, I am not sticking tightly to my menu plan but having a default ‘this is what I am doing and the food is to hand’ gets me passed my ‘its all too hard’ ready meal/quick fix danger zone.

Also time to clear out the bad stuff and ‘savour’ what I was saying goodbye to in a conscious way, though was cutting down a lot in the planning stage as prep. And to go shopping with that planning list and blinkers for anything not on your list.

That and log in here to find others to travel with – and you can already cross that off the To Do list!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Tess, yes it is scary. Though 800 calories would be impossible. Also I never believed it would work but went ahead anyway. Are you doing the 800 or the 5:2, I couldn’t see where your post came from (my fault). You are about to do the best thing you ever could for yourself and your health. Go with what the diet tells you, ditch the simple carbs and enjoy some very delicious nourishing meals. I have followed the menu plans for 4 weeks with some minor tweaks. Now I am in week 6 and can play around with it a bit but enjoy the meals from the book so much I keep going back to them time and time again.

Enjoy.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

that should say, thought 800 calories would be impossible

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Welcome Tess! I started my 3rd week last Wednesday. After first week, it will be a breeze. Below I have an interesting article to read! A Krispy Kreme Donut is healthier than a stop at the coffee shop! WHat!? Yeh, a good read:

http://www.naturalnews.com/054907_Starbucks_frappuccinos_sugary_drinks.html

First do Baby Steps; Then you can do a Walkathon; Then you do a Runathon!

And 4 words of Wisdom:

Live Long And Prosper!

PrincetonianStud

Please log in or register to post a reply.