Help with calorie info

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Smith18
    on

Hi

Just need help understanding the calories in the bsd recipe book. If the recipe is for 2 people are the calories given in the book for each person’s portion or are they combined for the serving of 2. In which case do I need to half the given calories to know what the intake for one person would be? Say a recipe for 2 states 370 calories is this number for each person or would i need to half this so it would be 185 calories per person?

I would really appreciate some light being shade on this

Thank you

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Calories are per serving, so that recipe for 2 is 370 calories per person.

• posted by Smith18
    on

Thank you

• posted by Miss Committed
    on

My husband is 6ft 8″ and 116kg. We’ve both been on the BSD for 7 days,. He’s blood sugar levels have dropped by half and they’re almost back to normal 🙂
    However, he’s complaining that he’s hungry and is questioning the calories for his size. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase his calories?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I would suggest increasing the calories for him by giving him slightly larger protein / fat portions and try to keep the carbs just as low as they are for you. Maybe around 1000 calories would suit him better.

• posted by Miss Committed
    on

Thanks so much Mixnmatch, we’re so pleased that this morning his BSL have dropped to the normal range, after only one week! Yes, I’ll increase the protein in his meals, hopefully that will keep him happy. He’s really enjoying his little cup of nuts as a snack, I think it’s been his saviour for the past week 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.