Help, what do I do next?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Artistan
    on

I’ve been on 800calories since January 5th. I’ve lost 1stone, very quickly but now not loosing more than a few ounces a week. As I’ve done 8 weeks should I switch to the 5:2 diet or keep on the 800 a day. I’ve found 800 a day easier than I thought it would be and hardly ever feel hungry, when I’m bored I try to nibble nuts, especially walnuts. Any advice from others would be much appreciated.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Artistan, you dont say how much more weight you want to lose. First the slowing down of weight loss is something that happens and you will have plateaus every now and then. If you can hold your nerve and appetite you will get a whoosh when your bodies fat cells are filling with water and they will let it go some time soon. That is the whoosh and you will start losing weight again. If you have come to a point where you would be happy to lose a bit more slowly and ease off then it is reasonable to go onto the 5:2. I am 3 years in and still do the 800 cals but ease off every 6 or 8 weeks because it is inevitable that something will come along like a birthday or holiday but as soon as I have dealt with the ‘cheat’ period I go straight back to the 800 cals. You might be wondering why I am still doing it after 3 years well my goal is not weight loss but control of my diabetes which this diet does perfectly.

Glad to see your doctor is on board with this plan.

• posted by Artistan
    on

Thank you for posting. I would like to loose another stone, not for BSL but because I hate the bulge round my stomach. I do have trouble drinking the water but I’ll keep at it (even though I have to keep going to the loo during the night it’s a small price to pay to get my weight down).

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi again, your liquid intake doesn’t have to be all water, you can make it up from any other drink that contains no sugar and possible no milk, so green tea or black coffee. You can have the milk if it fits in with the calories. Do avoid diet drinks as the effect on the body is to make it crave sugar because it was expecting some then didn’t get it. By the way, the going to the loo thing will calm down once your body is used to the higher level of fluids. Remember to add a little salt to your diet to replace what you are losing in the loo. Not too much.

• posted by Artistan
    on

Thanks, that’s good to know , I’ll hope for better. Tomorrow.

Please log in or register to post a reply.