HELP!! The dreaded Plateau….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Clparsonz
    on

Hi Everyone
    Well I am now on my 7th week and have lost 25.5lbs. I am religiously counting calories and carbs…on an exercise day I eat about 1000cals and non-exercise between 800-900cals. I always try and keep carbs under 40g.

The last week I have not lost any weight at all; I have tried intermittent fasting i.e. 16:8 on days where I can but this doesn’t seem to be budging it either. I have lost another cm off my tummy though, so I wondered if my body composition was changing as I am doing HIIT with resistance workout from Cycle 2 of the Bodycoach.

Although the scales aren’t moving my cardiovascular fitness has greatly improved; I have to push myself much harder to get into the 75% heartrate zone.

Any suggestions would be greatly received….

Thanks
    Claire

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Claire that is fantastic weight loss. There are many threads about apparent plateaus and we have all had them. Your body is adjusting and you are probably making muscle as well – heavier than fat. Just browse some of the older forums and you will get reassuring news. I have had so many I have lost count, and have not lost anything like as much weight as you have. Don’t lose heart

Ruth

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Claire – very very very well done.

I am likely to be nicknamed on this forum Igorasusual HAVE YOU MEASURED. Because that’s what I’m always saying.

Because whenever you plateau – and as ruth says it’s really often – you need to check what’s going on in your shape. I discovered that my waist measurement was going down and I could see rather more of my ribs than I was used to when my weight was stubbornly at a halt. I theorised that it was the visceral fat vanishing (why that doesn’t weigh the same as ordinary subcutaneous fat, don’t ask me, I haven’t a clue).

So check your clothes – you may be really surprised.

And keep on – you may find one day with a few more calories than the 800 will kick your body, but you are right it is changing. Give it a chance, bless it, be kind to yourself. You’ve had such great results.

🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.