Help no weight loss after 5 days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by swabybrown
    on

Has anyone else had this happen? Am active lady over 60 go to the gym and need to loss 16lbs, bought the book and started the 800 cals and no carbs diet Monday and really stuck to it but no results?Jumped on the scales expecting great things and disappointed lost zero, nothing! Am dreaming of carbs and missing bread like crazy but don’t feel hungary and found first 3 days really hard and thought it will all be worth it. Wonder as I am not a diabetic or if anyone else expereinced this.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Swabybrown
    I’d say try not to despair, there can be all sorts of reasons for not losing weight and everyone is different. Are you keeping a food diary? Is there anything you are not writing down? Have you done a waist measurement and has that changed at all? Are you clothes feeling any looser? Do you do your own cooking? Do you have an underactive thyroid? How much water are you drinking and do you drink anything else? Are you eating plenty of protein and some fat? Lots of questions, the answer could be in there somewhere or maybe not. You may have to give it a few more days before you start seeing results.

Keep going for this next week and keep us up to date with your progress.

• posted by swabybrown
    on

Thnak you and I am determined to keep going! I do my own cooking and using recipes from the book, and drinking lots of water too. Haven’t done a waist measurment and will do that and keep food diary to see if that does the trick and maybe few more days will see results.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sometimes you will lose inches before you see a weight loss and the diary helps to keep track of anything that unconsciously sneaks in. You have the will power to do this – you are going to be fine!

• posted by Mooster
    on

Hi
    I have been on the diet since last Sunday and food diary is so important , also I have a Fitbit which shows I only use 1800 calories a day and I’m fairly active but have underactive thyroid so if old calculation of you need to save 3000 calories to lose one pound of weight I am only losing a pound every 3 days but I have lost 5 so far and 2 inches off my waist, keep going we over 60s can do it!

• posted by paula121s
    on

Hi,
    I lost .1kg over 5 days and was gutted but in perspective my blood sugar had dropped to 5.4, which was great. I am now just starting the 2nd week and this morning I have lost 1.2kg and 2inches off my waist. Just remember as I was told that everyone loses weight differently. I keep a food diary and weigh and count all the calories. If I go over by a small amount I don’t stress as the next day could be slightly less than 800.
    Don’t despair you will lose weight just need to give it time. Good luck.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Weight loss at the start of a diet is often water, so if you don’t lose straight away, maybe you had less water to get rid of..

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Janet
    Good point
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi swabs
    I’m in a similar position. Have lost 4 lb in total and I’ve done 13 days. Walking 1000s of steps a day. It’s strange. My sister has list nothing in 16 days. But she’s been ill and not active. However she has lost 3″ and I’ve lost 2″ off our waists. Which is great.
    I think our diets were quite healthy already, only the carbs are different so that may be relevant. We were eating no junk food and almost no sugar anyway but of course lots of rice and wholemeal bread!
    Anyway we both feel better on the diet and I’m sleeping much better so we re keeping going.
    Eventually something must happen!
    Good luck
    Penny

• posted by swabybrown
    on

Thank you for youyr support and today I have lost 2lbs – at last! Think food diary in My fitness pal has really helped and set goals to 35% carbs, 30% protein 30% fats as mentioned on another forum. One apple can throw carbs over the top and I check what i can and cant eat every morning. Boy this way of eating is so strict! Ah well at least counting calories is better than eating because I’m bored!

• posted by Mooster
    on

Well done Swabybrown keep going, it will be worth it x

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Swaby
    That’s great news.
    Down 1/2 lb today.
    Good luck
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.