Help I'm stuck

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jane c
    on

Hi all,
    I need some advice I think.
    I’ve just finished 2 weeks on the fast 800. The first 10 days were a challenge, but I was so pleased with my weight and fat loss that it kept me positive.
    I now seem to have reached a plateau. Not losing any more weight, feeling tired and hungry and get cold easily. This was not helped by having some cake at a birthday yesterday!
    What do you do/eat when you’re really craving some comfort?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hello JaneC, well, we often plateau and it is not uncommon to feel odd and cold especially as the fat starts to disappear it is like winter here on the East coast anyway. If you stick to the principles you can do as you like e.g. go onto 5: 2 for a few days or just eat something that will stave off the feelings. A poached egg and bacon with mushrooms and plum tomatoes is my treat but it still comes in around 200 kCal. Eggs are good as is most food except refined carbs and refined sugars. I have done 10 weeks before I got to the top of the Normal BMI range and had a few wobbles. Don’t beat yourself up. Eat well but make sure to drink and consume some fats like olive oil and butter to keep the energy supply coming. I like fish and meat of course but each to their own. Nobody is going to criticize you except yourself, the plan is about lifestyle change, the actual food items are secondary. You will be fine, keep going…

• posted by jane c
    on

Thanks SkyWalker.
    I had a handful of nuts and a hot milky turmeric drink so am feeling warmer.
    Much better than cake or a chip butty!

Please log in or register to post a reply.