Help! I'm struggling

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

I’ve been having stop start progress. Can’t seem to be consistent and keep to the plan. I had great success with this at the latter end of last year, but sadly it fell by the wayside and I have gained a few pounds back. I’m just struggling to get through a whole week on the plan but I really want to. Any pearls of wisdom on keeping the momentum when all you want to do is shove bread in your mouth!!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Timetochange, ok — been there done that — I suggest eat some bread — in fact, go out and buy the very best favorite bread you love (better be artisanal!) and slather it with butter and eat it happily. Then, listen to your body’s response, and….just start the BSD again tomorrow. Don’t look back — don’t make up for it by eating even less. You needed some bread and you ate some bread. End of story.
    Now, what “system” was working for you last year? Were you having no breakfast and just a bullet coffee? Was lunch a lovely big salad? Go back in your mind and recreate a day that you were successful — that is your template. Plug your days into your template. If you are tempted, have a pot of herbal tea, then go do something else, anything, to keep from eating. I liked to shop for shoes (got a lot of shoes now!😜). It is hard to get back on track but it is harder to gain weight and hate yourself.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

When I get annoyed by all the restrictions, I just indulge myself within the system. For instance, today I was craving chips and dip, so I had spicy pork rinds with a homemade blue cheese dip (blue cheese, vegan mayo, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, a squeeze of lime juice and chives). Total calories: 348. Total carbs: 1. It tasted great, filled me up and felt like the old days without ruining all my hard work and throwing me out of ketosis like bread or pizza or potato chips would have.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

You’re not alone! I’m in the exact same “struggling” boat.
    Was successful a year ago and lost just over 2st. However have put a stone back on :(! After lots of false re-starts I have stuck to the plan 90% in last week. The scales this morning show hardly any loss. Very disappointed. I’ll carry on as my hunger has adjusted to the plan by now but am really struggling as last year the scales were my motivator.

• posted by Mamaslim2017
    on

I find that making ALL my meals really tasty and indulgent keeps me on track. I keep the ingredients simple so everything is fast and easy to make. I’m on Instagram and posting pics of my diary every day if you want to follow for some food inspiration. And try making low carb pancakes with some sweet freedom choc sauce. It feels like your having carbs and a treat so double bonus but you’re 100% still on plan 😉

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Thank you everyone. I’ve got through today and it feels good to have done that. Californiagirl, you’re right about trying to get back in my mind to more successful days I have had. Last year when I did the plan it was so easy and the weight just fell off. Something about a mind set and I need to try and get back there. I’ll take one day at a time and see where that leads. I do know that being organised is important. The start of the week is good, but by Thursday I am flagging from work and I’m at risk of going off plan. I’m going to really try. I’m leaving my job on Thursday to take a new position, so out for a meal with my team. It’ll be good to be focused on staying within my eating plan.
    Here goes …!

• posted by maggimay
    on

Lots of good advice here. I haven’t any am new and just getting a grip of it all. Can I ask how do you follow someone on instagram as Mamaslim2017 suggests. Cheers

Please log in or register to post a reply.