Help…am I doing the right thing?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tealover
    on

Hi, has anyone had the same problem and can give advice? I recently bought the book after hearing Dr Mosley on the Jeremy Vine radio 2 show, I don’t have any health problems but putting on weight fast as not very active. Been following the menu only have sparkling water, hot water or tap water or tea with skimmed milk about 5 – 8 cups a day…yes I have cut down to what I was having.

Just about to start week 4 and putting on a pound a day…feeling very disheartened, including the weight put on I have now only lost 5 lb in 4 weeks I was expecting a little more.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I don’t think drinking tea will be causing you problems.

• posted by Izzy
    on

From what I’ve heard it’s common for people to have weeks were they don’t lose or maybe gain, only to lose weight again suddenly. Although the tea may not be to blame have you tried having some herbal ones?

You don’t say why you’re not active, is it possible to be more active? Just small goals no marathons. I understand there may be a reason you’ve not mentioned.

Are you being 100% About checking/measuring/ logging what you eat?

Post your food here if you like I’m sure some experienced members would look for you. I’m only on week two myself.

• posted by Just do it
    on

Hi Tealover, there are a few of us who, in spite of sticking like glue to the diet, lose very slowly. I seem to have a loss every other week, one week had a small gain. Not sure if you’re male or female but for us women the time the month can cause weight gain, could it be that? Do you check your carbs, fats, proteins as well as calories? I know its crazy and on 800 cals per day weight should just fall off no matter what you eat but keeping the carbs low does help so worth checking – I use myfitnesspal which breaks it down simply.

Please log in or register to post a reply.