Hello from sunny Malta

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Maltesephil
    on

Hello. I finally decided to do something about my type 2 diabetes and recently got the BSD book. I’ll keep updating on here and on my Facebook for non members

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome Masltesephil, you have come to the right place. Read the book, make preparations and get started. Best thing you could do for the diabetes. Keep us informed and shout out if you have any questions.

• posted by Maltesephil
    on

So in the 1st week I’ve lost 3kg. I struggle a bit with carb cravings and my BS doesn’t seem to be going down much. Just over 11 last week and just under 10 today

on

Hi again, holy poop, 3kgs, thats just under half a stone, fantastic. Your BS should start to drop fairly soon, Mine went from around 13 to 9 in 3 weeks then continued to drop to a point I thought I was doing something dangerous but it is what the diet is supposed to do. I now run between 4.5 and 5.0 morning reading. I don’t know what carbs you are eating but that is the most important part of the process even if you have to sacrifice calories by eating more protein and fats. Keep going and keep posting.

• posted by Maltesephil
    on

Thanks Sunshine Girl. So I’ve no need to panic then.

on

Hi Maltesephil, it has been a couple of weeks since your last post. How are you doing, how are your bloods, do you need any help. When is your next HbA1c test due. Keep us informed.

• posted by Maltesephil
    on

I’ve lost another few kg and my blood sugar is down. I’m craving carbs like crazy. Not sweets but stuff like potatoes.

on

Sounds like you are doing well. Don’t let the cravings ruin what you have achieved. Try to have a few more proteins in the diet, boiled eggs are a great standby. As I have discovered this week after having more carbs than I have for years, it is not the craving that is bad it is that carbs also increase the appetite and then the cravings kick in. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Maltesephil
    on

When the recipe says a match box size piece of cheese I’ve only got cooks matches to make a comparison

on

A matchbox size portion is 30g. I can guess you are saying oh sh-t that small.

• posted by Maltesephil
    on

Finally results. I’m below 100kg for the 1st time in years. I’m not taking metformin any more

on

I wish I knew how to do emojis on this site but BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS.

Please log in or register to post a reply.