Hello (From Canada)? It's me. Again. Round Two

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Hello Again!

I’ve been MIA for over three months and I apologize. Life happened, as per usual.

I got a blood infection and was hospitalized for awhile and then my Diabetes team and I were fooling with my meds to an almost dire end. I’m good now though. Only gained back 10 lbs or so <– I am counting that as a win.

With my Diabetes Team (my GP, an intern, and a clinical pharmacist) on board, we are ready to do this again. Hopefully we will stick it out for the full 8 weeks as I REALLY need a new dresser (see profile for Goals & Reward Scheme).

I look forward to catching up.

Cheers,

Deb

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Official Day One and I’ve spent most of the day ridding my office of chips, crackers and chocolate. It’s surprising how much you can accumulate for “just in case”. Our Legal Department is enjoying the clean-out though, so at least I know it’s not going to waste!

I’ve forgotten that pleasant gnawing you get when you’re on the edge of hungry. It may be kind of weird, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment to keep it up.

The withdrawal headaches haven’t started yet. I am expecting those tomorrow. I also need to remember to bring my testing kit with me so that I don’t get too low.

Food today:

Breakfast – two eggs with 1/4 cup of 2% cottage cheese (to use it up, 4% tomorrow)
    Lunch – Homemade Chili and two pieces of Laughing Cow Cheese
    Dinner (still to come) – 3 cups steamed Cauliflower, I hard boiled egg, hummus

I’ve also managed to get through 1L of water and two pots of tea.

Hope you all had a great day.

Cheers,

Deb

Please log in or register to post a reply.