Hello, back again

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mummada
    on

Three years ago I lost 5st on this diet and reversed my diabetes. I could kick myself so hard because I have put it all back on. Reasons/excuses – my mother died, I sold my house and the house I was buying fell through but luckily a friend offered to put me up for 3 months but it was difficult, my exercise bike is in bits and of course being shielded I was told to stay in back garden. However on plus side I am near my son and his family, have lovely neighbours and have made a lot of friends in the village. I am now ready to do this again. I know from past experience that the first 2 weeks are the hardest – I was ready to gnaw my limbs before! Good luck to everyone

Mummada

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Good luck and good for you trying again. Not trying, doing.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Mummada,
    I’m sorry to hear what a difficult, stressful time you’ve had. They’re definitely reasons not excuses. There are quite a few of us on here who have been/are weight-gaining returners so you’re in the right place – and in understanding company!
    Good luck to you, too. Join in any of the other threads if you want and let us know how you get on.
    Jennie xx

• posted by mummada
    on

Hi thanks for your encouragement and support. How is your weight loss journey? Would love to hear.

• posted by mummada
    on

Hello Jennie thanks for your kind words of encouragement and support. Would love to hear about your weight loss journey if you are willing to share.
    X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Mumada, welcome back, even though I’m sure ideally you’d prefer not to be in your current situation. Sounds like you have had a tough time, but great that you are closer to family and have decided to revisit the BSD. The weekly thread is a good place to find support and encouragement to vent when things are rough and celebrate every little win.
    I’m confident you’ll be reporting good results soon.

• posted by mummada
    on

Hello SunnyB. Thank you so much. I would rather be in a different place, but having just read some returners posts I’m going to try not to be so hard on myself. Day 2 and happy to report my limbs are all still intact! The suggestion to join the weekly thread is great – where do I find it sorry to be so dim!
    Good luck to you

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Mummada, glad you have been able to make a good start and that it wasn’t as hunger inducing as you feared. It’s really important to be gentle with yourself and look for the positives …. being hard on yourself and negative thinking is very counter productive. You have the advantage of knowing you CAN do this and it won’t be long before you get a handle on all those tools you used before, to get you to where you want to be.

There will be a new weekly thread set up this everning, with the title “One Week at a Time Starting 28th July” (think that’s right). There is one running at the moment, with 21st July in the title, which you could pop on to, to introduce yourself if you like … up to you, you’ll be made very welcome whenever you join in. Will look forward to seeing you there.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Mumada
    I’ve just read your response to me. I’ll be happy to share my journey with you. I’m not going to be posting on the forum for the next few days (family commitments) but will share it as soon as I jump back on.
    Meanwhile, hope things are going well with you.
    Take care
    Jennie xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

hi mummada
    I’ve been away from the forum longer than I’d planned, Just wondered how you are getting on.
    Jennie xx

• posted by mummada
    on

Hello Jennie
    Thanks so much for asking. I’ve lost 10 lbs so far which I think isn’t too bad as I can’t exercise as much as I’d like to (waiting for treatment on my foot). It’s been easier than I remembered. How are you doing?
    x

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi mummada
    Hey, 10lbs is great going. I’m really glad you’re finding it easier than expected – I struggled for quite a while to get into it the second time around. Hope you don’t have to wait too long for the foot treatment.
    I’m doing good at the minute, thanks. I was in and around my goal again before lockdown but managed to put on 10lb between March and mid July. (I heard someone on the news the other day saying the average amount of weight people in the UK put on during lockdown was 10lb – which made me feel a bit better – don’t mind being Ms Average!). Anyway, I’ve lost 6lbs now so happy with that.
    Do keep in touch and tell us how you’re going on.
    Cheers
    Jennie xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.