Hello,

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by On a mission
    on

I’m starting tomorrow and just wanted to say Hi. I know its going to be tough at times so decided to register for the support. My meals are planned and ready to go. If any one has any tips for coping in the early days let me know. I have tried many diets and not managed to stick to them so let’s do this!!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi On a mission. Welcome to the forum, we are a friendly lot. You are already organised so that is half the battle. Tips are difficult as there are so many and you will have lots of questions. First off, you will feel hungry for the first week or so, it is only to be expected. Drink plenty of water to fill your stomach and to replace the water you will be peeing (loads) also add a touch of salt to replace the salts you will be peeing out. Expect to get some sort of withdrawal symptoms from the carbs. It is known as carb flu and affects people in different ways but generally just feeling yuk. Join in on any threads that interest you and there is a weekly challenge with people on at different stages in this journey, so some at day / week one, some nearing their 8 week programme and some of us who have been at it for years. For me it keeps my blood glucose down so I never divert from the low carb principles. Good luck and ask as many questions as you want.

• posted by deewallace
    on

I have done the diet for 3 months. Please do everything you can to get through first couple of weeks because it works and is worth it. I
    am 62 and had been very fit and health conscious. End of November my BP was sky high. I was overweight following family illness/bereavement. Bloods done and fasting BS high. Had Hba1c which came back at 52 putting me in the diabetic range. I had a brilliant GP who suggested BSD before formal diagnosis. Supportive practice nurse. I have lost 19kg, blood pressure is low and have just had phone call about blood test done on Monday. Hba1c now 43, total cholesterol 3. All other bloods normal. I started to exercise gently at first but now do 3 Zumba classes, 2 Pilates and 1 hydrospin class a week. I walk at least 8,500 steps a day. I feel great and am so relieved. I will continue to lose weight and keep this lifestyle. Good luck with the journey. Stick with it. It does get easier and you will soon start to feel/see the benefits. I am so grateful to my GP and Michael Mosley for giving me the chance to improve my long term health. All the best.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Thanks for the welcome. So far so good. Will deffo do the salt thing, do you take magnesium tables or just use everyday salt?

• posted by On a mission
    on

Wow! That’s amazing. I’m gad your health as improved so much. My husband’s grandmother use to say health is everything, she lived to 104! I’m looking forward to matching your energy levels. But I’m determined, I’ve even persuaded my work collegesto postpone a works night out for two weeks to help me.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I use real salt, not the fine processed type. You might think of them as being the expensive, fancy ones but they really are the best (the fine processed has other chemicals to stop it from forming clumps). I tried magnesium tablets for night cramps but they cause fluid retention and bloating, something we want the opposite of.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Okay, thanks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.