Headaches

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi,
    I am currently on day 12 and am waking up with really bad headaches. I have completely cut caffeine from my diet so did expect withdrawal headaches however I was hoping they would have stopped by now, has anyone else experienced this, any tips would be greatly appreciated, TIA

• posted by topcac
    on

Water and salt, or lack thereof, seem to be the reason for most headaches with BSDers. I know it is slightly counter intuitive but add some more salt to your diet, just on your meals to start and up your water intake. Don’t be afraid to take a painkiller either!

Let us know how you get on 🙂
    TC

• posted by SunnyB
    on

If you are waking with headaches, it is probably dehydration, but if you were heavily addicted to carbs, it could have an association with carb withdrawal, although these usually dissipate by the end of the first week. Be sure to hydrate well and as topcat says, it could be worth increasing your salt intake as well.

Hope it rights itself soon and you will be feeling the benefit of the BSD.

Please log in or register to post a reply.