HBA1C

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nannoo
    on

Loving the results I’m getting, despite major cravings this afternoon!! However, my question is, if I am successful and I can reverse my diabetes after 8 weeks, my A1C test will still be high because of the previous 4 weeks, so although I will be technically non-diabetic, my doctor will still want me to take medication for another 3 months. Is this the case, and if so what should I do?

• posted by Maefly
    on

Hi Nanoo, you could ask for a repeat test earlier. As I understand it the test gives an average for your blood sugar over the last three months, it does not mean that you have to wait three months to take it again.

• posted by nannoo
    on

Thank you for your reply. I hadn’t thought that I could ask for this. I am speaking to my diabetic nurse today, so I will have a chat with her about this.

• posted by thepolly
    on

Hi nannoo, I’m not sure why your dr would want you to still take meds if you weren’t diabetic, wouldn’t that be a bad thing for your health? Sorry, I really hate drugs and have refused to take any at all. Happily for me I’d started doing fast 800 before I was diagnosed type 2. They could see I’d lost weight and my hba1c although still in the diabetic range was lower than the first one had been a week earlier. My diabetic nurse agreed that I could keep doing what I’d started doing and to take a hba1c again in 3 months time. Also bought a meter to keep track of my BS levels and am happy it’s come down.

Good luck with getting off meds – Polly x

Please log in or register to post a reply.