Having Meals with Family

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hi All,

I have just finished MM’s book and I am very excited to start this diet. The question that I have, and was asked last night, was when you are eating your normal meals of an evening, (I live with my parents and we have a cooked meal together every evening), How do you deal with incorporating the changes in diet into these meals? My parents are really good and supportive and generally are easy going, but I think this may be quite a big change and I don’t want to cause unnecessary complications with meal times, I want to make this as enjoyable and easy as possible.

I am aware that I will need to do quite a bit of food prep and I am ok with that as I enjoy food and cooking etc. however any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :0)
    Rebecca xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

I cook for my family and I generally eat the same things without the carbs. Roast meat with vegetables but not potato. Tacos eaten as a salad without the shell or fajitas wrapped inlettuce leaves instead of tortillas. Pasta with zucchini (courgette) strips instead of pasta. Asian or Indian food with no rice, maybe cauliflower “rice” or quinoa instead or nothing. You don’t always have to change much, just leave the carbs off your plate.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I also like mashed cauliflower. While hubby has his potatoes on the boil I stick 3 or 4 florets in the steamer on top. Then I put in a bowl and mash with a little butter salt and pepper. If you want something that is more like mashed potatoes you could have a little butternut squash mashed but not too much and not too often as it is at the starchier end of good carbs. After a while you will probably stop bothering and just have the meal as it comes without a substitue or just add extra veg.

Please log in or register to post a reply.