Halfway

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Peteinthebayou
    on

Been on BSD for 1 full month and I’m calling this my 4 weeks – had a relapse last week which we a scrubbing from the records (but not the memory as it was a valuable learning experience about how and why I eat).
    How am I doing – 9.5kgs lost since 1st March. Feeling much healthier and I’m not finding it hard to stick to v. low cals and no carbs. I avoid eating out or any high risk locations – bars, pantry at work, looking in the fridge.

Had my regular check-ups today. Bit disappointed that my blood pressure is back up in the 140/90 range and that my Uric acid levels are still high but docs were impressed by my weight loss which has to be a good thing. Cholesterol is very low, good cholesterol in the right range, BS low, heart pumping nice and slow. Just that pesky BP and the uric acid (which can lead to gout).

I go back in 3 months – 1st July. My plan is to finish this first BSD at the end of April with a loss of a further 6kgs. I will then do 5:2 fasting for May (2kg target) and then back on BSD at the beginning of June. That’ll give me 4 more weeks of BSD and a target of a further 7kgs. 15kg total in the next 3 months. I started at 145kg, am 135.5kg today and by 1st July I will be 120kg for a total 4 month weight loss of give or take 25kg. I still need to lose another 20kg after that…

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Pete, that four weeks went fast. Well done on the great results so far. Bet you can do better in the next four weeks now you know your triggers 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

You have to be happy with those weight and sugar results Pete, that’s an excellent set of 4 week results.
    Sensible of you to realise that the weight loss will slow a little but that 7kgs looks very achievable
    Well done and keep us posted.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

What an inspiration you are Peteinthebayou. You are living proof that you learn from the BSD800 (you picked yourself up and got back on track after your relapse). Congratulations on your weight loss.

• posted by Peteinthebayou
    on

I’ve been looking into the Uric acid/gout thing over the past few days. Turns out that low carb/high protein diets are not recommended as these naturally increase the amount of purines in the body which leads to higher Uric acid levels. Now I know why the levels are high I can safely explain this to the quack on my next visit. I’ll be introducing blueberries and cherries into my diet and cutting down on red meats. Looks like it’s white fish and veggies for me!

• posted by JJBram
    on

If you are still looking at this post, can you let me know how this went? I need to get my uric acid levels down too but needing to be on BSD as well. Any Tips?

Please log in or register to post a reply.