Gullon Biscuit Range

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Titchyprincess
    on

Hi

Gullon sugarfree biscuit range are they suitable for my in case of emergencies!!!!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, welcome. What kind of emergency could make you need a biscuit. Sugar free doesn’t mean carb free or healthy. If you stick with the plan you will get used to not having carbs. If you keep adding them to your diet you will continue to crave them. Give it a go without them.

Just checked them out online and they are 18g of carbs per 27g serving which is a massive amount of carbs. Also, 16.5g is sugar.
    Sorry, I keep adding to this. A normal McVities digestive biscuit also has 18g carbs with 16.5g of sugar. Just shows how marketing can cheat you.

• posted by M2019
    on

Hi Titchy,
    I just had a look at the sugar free range and yes the sugar is very low at less than 0.5g per biccie but to SG’s point, they are still high in carbs.
    Depending on whether you are insulin resistant or not and / or are diabetic, you dont have many carbs in a day to spend….one of these biccies would hoover up a third of your daily carb allowance and probably wouldnt do much for your hunger no matter how nice it is.
    Speaking from my own experience, I never ever have just one biccie either ;).
    As someone who is relatively early in in their journey to lose an awful amount of weight, I spent some time at the start working out what would give me the maximum bang for my calorie/carb buck. For me at the start it was about not being hungry – the longer you do the BSD, the less this becomes an issue as your body becoms adapted to burning your lard as its primary source of energy.
    I understand completely that need for a backup nibble because I didnt like being hungry or feeling wobbly – but there are loads of way to manage this without defaulting to a biccie. I found something protein and/or fat based worked a treat rather than something carby.
    I hope you find your way forward – and good luck !

• posted by Titchyprincess
    on

Thank you. I am coping really well albeit only day 6 of week 1 but I know there will be some tough days so was looking for an emergency option. I may surprise myself and manage it without biscuits

• posted by M2019
    on

First week is the hardest in my opinion but we are all different 🙂 I hear you on the tough days – is there a particularly nice cheese you like maybe ? I have to say, I spluff half my carbs on a slice of spelt toast in the morning which I have with two fried runny eggs – I am eating up to 50g of carbs.
    For me, its the best way to start the day and I get my crunch/bread fix to boot. The rest of my carbs goes on veggies and oat milk in my tea. Knowing I had my comforting things worked for me until the diet showed me those tough days dont happen (if you stay in ketosis).
    I dont know if that helps or not ! I think what I am trying to waffle is: find your thing that meets your needs that works with this diet.
    And if you fall, get back on it 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

If you find you need an emergency snack, try a few nuts, a table spoon of full fat yogurt with a few berries/seeds, a cube of your fav cheese, or even just a teaspoon of double/heavy cream in your coffee (or tea). Of course, count in the cals and carbs so they are accounted for in your daily allowance, but don’t panic if it takes you a couple of points over – this is long haul and as you adjust, you will have day under on both cals and carbs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.