Grumpy as hell

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pinksunshine
    on

Day 7 and I’m grumpy as hell, and missing my Friday night pizza and red wine
    Have spent the week thinking (obsessing) about carbs and missing the crunch of bread
    First weigh in tomorrow.

• posted by Izzy
    on

This makes a passable pizza base… http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/green-pizza-with-a-cauliflower-base/ I top it with some tomato puree, a mix of mozzarella and cheddar and whatever else you like.

If you can manage to get through the day hopefully the scales will reward you tomorrow and it will help you to keep motivated. These feelings really do fade I promise you!

I had a trainee sat beside me this week eating sandwiches, chocolate and crisps and I didn’t feel any lust at all. Really, I just didn’t want his food.

I hope you feel happier soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by pinksunshine
    on

you are sweet to reply, thank you Izzy.
    i truly hope the scales are kind to me tomorrow

• posted by Izzy
    on

They usually are kind in the first week ๐Ÿ™‚ don’t be surprised though if it seems slower afterwards for a week or two this is very common but if you stick at it, it does keep moving.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’m sure you will feel better next week pinksunshine.
    It sounds like you are having a particularly bad case of carb withdrawal symptoms.
    You’re going to wake up one morning feeling full of energy and wondering to yourself “what the hell was that all about”
    You’re close to being past the worst – honest ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by pinksunshine
    on

Thanks Bill,
    at the moment it doesn’t feel like a passing feeling… fingers crossed for feeling better tomorrow!

• posted by Emjomo
    on

It will pass, just don’t do what I did. Had a bad day yesterday and ate a flapjack bar, way too sweet and this morning I’ve woke up with a banging head and so lethargic. It was not worth it!,

• posted by pinksunshine
    on

wow Emjomo, sounds like you got a hangover from one small sweet thing..hope you feel better soon

• posted by LesleyB
    on

Hey pink sunshine. Hope you are feeling better. How did the weigh in go? Im also in my first week, day 7 tomorrow and finding it fine so far but I’ve not had any social occasions to deal with…but I did manage to resist the office biscuits/cakes and felt really proud of myself for saying no! What helped for me us that I have weighed daily and seen a little more off every day. Do what works for you but I need my daily motivation, can’t hang on for a weekly weigh in or I’d give up! Take care and have a great day! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Yes I did grumpy and miserable and paranoid and weepy and back round again quite a few times in the first couple of weeks. I’ve not done the 800 plan before but I have fasted completely except for water for periods in the past and experienced the same thing. It is common and in the fasting folklore they regard it as a”detox” of your emotions. So many of us use food to manage our moods and when you take that away, you are left with them pesky troublesome feelings!. It’s a good thing long term! I am feeling very much more stable now at week 5. Weight loss is slow but the mood and outlook is so much better. Onwards!

Please log in or register to post a reply.