Gram flour

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rasasa
    on

Hi, just getting head around the diet and trying to plan my meals. Was wondering I can have gram flour (chickpea flour) on this diet?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Yes you can, just count the carbs and keep portions small. I used it only occasionally as mostly I went down the ‘avoid rather than substitute’ route with carbs.

• posted by Rasasa
    on

Thank you for you reply mixnmatch. How many carbs a day max are you allowed?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

That depends very much on your own circumstances. For adapting to burning fat under 50g out of 800 calories is recommended, but some people who are very insulin resistant or dealing with medication have had to drop to less than 20g of carb to lose weight, and some vegetarians and vegans have had success at closer to 60g. Try 50g first, and see how it goes.

• posted by Rasasa
    on

Ok thanks will try that. I was recently told I am pre diabetic so trying to make changes so that I can lose the weight. I need to lose at least 30 pounds. ☺

• posted by Squidge
    on

I’d be wary of just swapping all your wheat flour for gram flour – it’s a better choice, but only a bit better. For the best results we need to cut out a lot of carby foods, not just switch to slightly lower carb versions.

I’m saying this because when I discovered gram flour I was tempted to try making cakes and biscuits with it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.