Got through day one.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by grannysharon
    on

Day one went well, I have the book and recipe book and have read them both. I really have to do this I am not diabetic but I do have at least 5 stone to lose. I have been reading the forums which all seem very helpful and I’m sure it will be a big help to me.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome aboard grannysharon. Well done on taking the first step towards the new you. My best advise is don’t expect it all to be plain sailing, so make good use of the forum and shout out when you need advise and/or support. Be sure to stay well hydrated, include fats in your meals and keep an close eye on your carb intake and you should do just fine – we’ll be looking forward to reading your great results soon.

• posted by grannysharon
    on

Thank you SunnyB for the warm welcome and your good advice . I have to do this, I want to be around for my grandchildren. My husband is doing this with me(he doesn’t need to lose weight )but is doing it to support me. I am taking it one day at a time and when I have a bad day I won’t beat myself up to much. I’m in this for the long haul. I am really up for this and looking forward to my first weigh in next Monday.

• posted by grannysharon
    on

Day 3 completed apart from feeling really tired going well. Haven’t felt hungry yet, feeling really positive doing the BSD. I’m thinking of it as change to healthy eating not dieting. Had a headache today, but having read lots of the posts on here I have upped my fluids and taken some paracetamol. Looking forward to weigh day on Monday. I have found all the advice on here very helpful.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done for sticking with it grannysharon. The first few days can be a bit of a struggle, as the body gets used to the carb withdrawal. You are definitely thinking of the BSD in the right way – it really is not ‘just a diet’, but a change of lifestyle to a healthy way of eating. Hope to read some positive news from you on Monday – that’s my weekly weigh-in day as well and I have fingers crossed for a better result than I had last time!

• posted by LizV
    on

I love the title of this post. One day at a time. For me day 4 and 5 were the most difficult emotionally. I felt surprisingly angry that I couldn’t comfort myself with food. Someone suggested to get enough fat and salt and both really helped. Good luck! Once you get through this part it really is much easier.

• posted by grannysharon
    on

Week one weigh in lost 10.lb so happy and feeling really positive about my lifestyle change to healthy eating. Thanks for all the advice and support from everyone it is much appreciated
    Sharon

Please log in or register to post a reply.