Frustrated

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Barb1
    on

HI everyone.
    I have been on the BSD for 7 weeks now. I have not strayed ONCE. I drink 2 litres (at least) of water everyday. Start my day with lemon juice, and I count calories religiously on an app. So far, I have only lost 7 kg. Although I am happy for the loss, I still have about 40 kg to go and am feeling like this is very slow for such a low calorie regime! The only thing I am not doing is exercising, but for being the weight I am, I would have thought the weight would be dropping a lot quicker. Is this normal?

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Barb
    I may have strayed a teeny bit more (I was pretty strict in the first 8-10 weeks though), but my initial loss averaged a kilo a week, and I increased my exercise a lot too, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much – celebrate what you have achieved.
    I had a similar amount to loose, and have now lost 20 kilos in 26 weeks – I remember feeling a bit frustrated that others were losing lots faster than me – but it’s not a race.
    If you have a lot to loose, then your weight probably took a lot longer to get there, and has been with you a long time – at least with BSD you don;t loose superfast then pile it all back on again when you ease off with the strict regime.
    7 kilos is a really good loss – over a stone, and if you have 40 kilos to loose, I’m guessing around 5% of your initial body weight. Have a look at the thread on mini goals, rather than solely focusing on the 40 kilos.

Is there a reason that you’re not able to exercise? Seriously upping my daily steps , and including other forms of exercise helped when I had a bit of a plateau.
    If you are less mobile, why not have a look for ‘chair based exercise” on YouTube – lots of routines that maybe worth a try.

Please log in or register to post a reply.