Fruit

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Coady
    on

Hi can any one help me I only started today and was wondering is it ok to eat oranges it says dark berries and hard fruits but not about oranges and tangerines ???

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Coady

The BSD suggests that you don’t have too much fruit during the 8 weeks as it is high in fructose (sugar). The best fruits are berries which are lowest in fructose.

So in theory you can have oranges but I would recommend that you get an app like My Fitness Pal to check how many calories and carbs there are – when you discover that an orange has 60-70 calories and 15 grams of carbs, 12 of which are sugar, you might want to ‘spend’ these calories on something else.

Fruit is best in small portions as an accompaniment – say a slice of apple in a salad or a small amount of berries in yoghurt for breakfast.

You CAN eat your orange, but count it in your 800 – once you’re well into the BSD you may well want to swerve it! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Coady
    on

Thanks for that I think I will give the oranges a miss ๐Ÿ˜€ And stick to the berries with my Greek yogurt and a few nuts for my breakfast tried out the cauliflower rice tonight and added grated broccoli with peppers and onions was lovely thanks again for your help ๐Ÿ˜€

Please log in or register to post a reply.