For the ladies

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LauraLou
    on

Hey Everybody,

I’m on week 12 of this diet and have lost around 2 stone. I have PCOS so keep my carbs around 30g/day. Since I started the diet I have been freezing cold almost all the time. I went out at the weekend and ate a 3 course meal with wine and a couple of cocktails. Since then I haven’t been cold at all despite sticking to the diet. I had my first period for months earlier this month. I am worried why everything has changed since the weekend and how I can get it back to how it was. Please help!!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Don’t worry about it, would be my advice. It may be that the 3 course meal gave your metabolism a kick in the pants, and you are now burning fat more efficiently which is keeping you warmer. I have heard that this can happen. I think it is called carb cycling. Either way, it sounds to me like your body may be actually working better than it was.

Please log in or register to post a reply.