Flagging a bit mentally, any suggestions?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

Hi folks. Today is W4D1. I’ve lost 7.5kg so far from a starting weight of 98.1kg. Aiming for 65kg to begin with, which will take me to the edge of a healthy BMI (obviously not all in this round!).

I’ve got up this morning feeling flat. My husband decided we were having takeaway last night so I had a chicken kebab and salad and coleslaw, no pitta. But I still feel guilty. Plus I have an unavoidable dinner out tonight with a set menu which I’m worried about.

Within the first week or so of starting my face looked less puffy and round and my abdomen less bloated, my trousers fitted better etc. But since then I haven’t really noticed any difference. And to top it all I’m plateauing.

I’m coming to terms with the fact that I’m *so* fat it’s going to take ages for me to see a difference. I’m also due my period which may explain the plateau and the mood but doesn’t make me feel any better right now.

What can people suggest to deal with these sorts of feelings? I’m not going to abandon it but I do have the blues and feel totally unmotivated.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi ShrinkMe81

Congratulations on your results so far.

Your set dinner tonight – if you tell us what the menu is, we may be able to offer some suggestions. But, in general, I’d suggest making the best BSD choices possible. If it’s three course you could decline the dessert altogether. Sounds weird, but the reality is that others are so busy eating their own food, and talking, that they won’t notice. And waiting staff are accustomed to requests to leave something off the plate. And jus because it’s put in front of you, it doesn’t mean to say you have to eat it. But we can give more specific advice if we know the menu.

Many on here have experienced plateaus, you can go to the search box top right of this page.

You’re already seeing the benefits of doing this, so keep on posting. There ususomeone around who can offer advice and support.

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

Thank you 😊

I have no idea what the menu is tonight, although I’m expecting a soup starter, meat and veg main and stodgy pudding which I’d planned to skip anyway. So it shouldn’t be too bad, and I’ll have a couple of drinks but probably G&T and far fewer than I would have in the past!

I’ve cheered myself by planning some cookery – a friend (a low carb friendly one) is making curry for tomorrow night so I’m making some onion bhajis to bring. And I’ve made a huge pot of delicious garlicky mushroom soup. I was in such a cookery rut before I started this so that has been a lovely change – using my imagination much more and trying new things.

I’m going to walk the dog then dye my hair and have a long soak in the bath in preparation for tonight. I *will* be smiling by this evening!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi ShrinkMe81

Feels to me, like you are setting one huge goal for yourself, which from time to time must seem almost impossible. Could I suggest that you join the ‘mini-goals’ thread and set yourself a mini-goal? Doing this means that when you hit the mini-goal, you are rewarded with a sense of achievement, which helps with fostering a positive state of mind.

If you don’t track your carb intake, perhaps take a look at that, as when I plateaued adjusting my carb intake was the answer. Check you are drinking enough, as this is very important and also make sure you have enough daily fat intake, to help boost the fat burning process. Don’t panic about eating out, just stick as closely as you can to the BSD principles.

Finally, use your dog walk and pampering for a little mindfulness, reflect on all the positives in your life, including you great BSD results so far. You really have made good progress and that should be celebrated. Have a great w/e.

Please log in or register to post a reply.