fitbit

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

hi fitbit users. I am thinking of getting a flex 2. Any comments on them?
    Thanks
    Bigeater

• posted by Smaus
    on

Hi- I use Fitbit purely for counting distance and paces but haven’t used other brands so may not be providing the fairest comparison. They are easy to set up and the app is straight forward to use (and can be linked in to My Fitness Pal) so I have no complaints. Mine is a Mark 1 Alta, but for the life of me I can’t remember why I chose it over the Flex as it doesn’t seem to do more. The new Flex also seems to be more waterproof which is a plus if you swim.

If money were no object I would choose the new Alta 2 as it has the continuous heart rate monitor. I would like to know more about how much of the time my heart is actually working hard rather than the slightly lame “active minutes” which the lower grade Fitbits calculate based on time. Other than that I am a happy customer, especially as the battery is currently lasting for a good week.

Happy stepping!
    Smaus

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi Smaus,

Thankyou for that info. I am interested in the flex2 because I also swim. Hmmm a heart rate monitor….that would be good. More research needed!

Happy exercising!

Bigeater

Please log in or register to post a reply.