First week – what's working for me!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EliseB
    on

Hi everyone, first time poster here, but have been enjoying and appreciating all your posts in my first week.

Pleased to say I’m 5lb down in first 6 days which I’m very pleased with, in context of about 2 to 2 1/2 stone to lose (5’6″, was 12st12.4lb, now 12st7lb). Fully expecting slow down but as long as it goes in the right direction it’s good for me. Keep telling myself most of this weight went on in years so it’s going to take a little while to get it off again!

I’ve been following principles of BSD but all my own food recipes and combos rather than any book recipes. . Favourites have been naked fajita and super cheap super quick super easy creamy broccoli soup. Calories have been anything from 850 – 1100 and carbs anything from 35 – 80 but all natural foods eg high carb days when I had apple, or tin of chickpeas as part of supper. Oh just the one exception – had a press lunch on Friday at a tapas restaurant which actually would have been ok-ish with jamon, cheese, tortilla and the best part of a whole plate of padron peppers (must find them in a shop/market for home snack emergencies) but did indulge in several spoonfuls of potato bravas and two croquettes (you had me at “deep fried breadcrumbs…!). It was early days.

Almonds and fruit tea and sparkling water have been keeping me going in tricky times. I roasted some of my almonds in the oven and put them in a jar for the week and it completely changes the taste – makes them much more savoury tasting which mixes it up from the “normal” ones. Sparkling water with fresh lime and lots of mint leaves is a winner, especially if you are out at a bar or restaurant.

I have ME at the moment so exercise is very difficult but have been walking about 6000 + steps a day to and from station when commuting.

Oh and final trick – brushing my teeth after dinner stops some of my evening snack cravings !

• posted by Shopgirl
    on

Hi EliseB,
    Well done! Your approach sounds very similar to mine – I’m 5 weeks in and have lost a stone (I have a bit more than you to lose though!).
    I now find it second nature to plan meals without carbs, and green beans are a great go-to alternative to have with meat or fish. I find eggs are great for a fast meal with mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese if you feel like it.

Keep on doing what you’re doing!

Please log in or register to post a reply.