First week just finished

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nacnudsmada
    on

Ive Just finished my first week, and not sure how I feel about it
    Lost just under 1Kg
    Spent most of the week with a headache, had very low energy and not feeling motivated to work out which is not like me. and a thrust to drink water like I was in the desert!
    is this normal?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi nacnudsmada, some of it is normal. There is a thing called carb flu that means your body is withdrawing and also craving carbs. The headaches, thirst and low energy are all normal. Don’t worry it only lasts a week or so, you should start to feel better soon and be good to yourself, don’t try to do too much if you exercise. It is better to get the food right as exercise does little towards weight loss.

The 1kg is okay but I am sure disappointing for you as you have queried it. It depends on so many things like how overweight are you, have you been careful about your carb intake (although the headaches etc seem to show you are). Keep drinking plenty of water and maybe add a pinch of salt to your food, just a small amount to replace what you are losing through peeing. Do you have the BSD book?

Are you keeping a food diary and logging with something like myfittnesspal to keep track. It shows calories and carbs in foods and a daily running total. You might see if you are going wrong or not expecting a food to be what you thought it was going to be. Like apples having 14g of carbs per 100g whereas strawberries are 8g and a whole apple would be around 26g. There is a site called dietdoctor.com which has a page showing all the values for carbs in fresh foods.

Shout out

• posted by nacnudsmada
    on

Hey thank you for the reply
    I have to admit is does feel like I’m on a come down!
    ill put those things into next week, Do you mean the BSD with the recipes in? is so yes, going to get more meals prepared tomorrow and see hope week two get better lol

I’m not keeping a dairy as i just eating what i prep there have been a few days where i broke and had a carb so will rules these out next week and me hard on myself.
    Sadly being kind to myself and exercise is the hard part… but we shall see

thank you

Duncan

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Duncan, I see you are a man so will say again, do not compare your weight loss to fatboy, he lost an amazing amount but you dont know any of his circumstances. For example, a person losing 11lbs might weigh 300lbs (not talking about fatboy now, just generalizing), they could have drunk 8 pints of beer a night and now drink none, could have managed to get the diet just right for them, I am still learning even after 7 years (diabetic so I stay on it for life).

Yes, I do mean the 8 Weeks Blood Sugar Diet book with recipes and sample menus in the back, it is a good starting place. Great to see you and keep posting.

Finally, do keep a diary even if you have prepped and eaten the food it could show you what foods are not working and know what to do better next time.

• posted by Jamesc
    on

Just coming up to the end of my first week. The middle of the week was tough, and I nearly didn’t make it. I’ve been amazed at the effect on my blood sugar. I had a very high hba1c and consistently high finger pricks and my doc put me on metformin which I’m starting at the same time as the diet, which is a bit confusing. I don’t know if it’s the diet or the drugs getting me normal finger prick readings but now coming up 4.1 to 5.8 mmol/L. Amazed!. Will talk to doc about maybe backing off the drugs.

Things that helped me make it through this week:
    – I’ve discovered that I don’t HAVE to have breakfast, and a really nice cup of strong black coffee plus water is enough to get me through the morning. It seems to suit my metabolism.
    – eggs are awesome. Eggs and Celery for some of the lunches left me feeling satisfied enough to make it to dinner time.
    – MyFitnessPal has be very useful in working out Cals – not sure I could do this without it.
    – I’m really enjoying the extra exercise. I’m prioritising it over work and loving it!

Going to try some of the shakes next week and see how I get on. Good luck everyone – we got this!

• posted by Jamesc
    on

Yep – I had headaches for the first 2-3 days, but this settled down, hope it does for you too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.