First week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kamru
    on

Hello,

I am new to the BSD. I am not diabetic but lots of risk factors. I have tried to stay with 800kcal as much as possible but not been great with any exercise. I lost 1.5kg in the first two days and then have plateaued. Is this anyone elses experience?

BW
    Kam

• posted by Sheena
    on

Hi Kam,

I’ve just started today. I’ll let you know how I get on in the first week.

Don’t let this stop you continuing….

Sheena

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome aboard Kamru – well done on making a good start. Plateauing is very common, so don’t panic,. It’s frustrating and deflating to get on the scales and not see positive results I know – most of us go through this at some point on the BSD and some of us more than once.

My advise: might be worth checking that you are drinking enough; are including fat in your meals as this helps to kick start the fat burning process; also take a look at your carb intake and try to keep that to around the 50g a day mark. I found lowering my carb intake got me off my first plateau.

Exercise is a bit iffy with me too and although I have been doing the BSD for ages now, I’m only recently trying to get to grips with that myself. You will find the pounds still drop with or without the exercise, but probably more quickly with and it helps to tone as well.

So, try not to be disheartened, stick with it and you will find things will start to move again. Keep us posted and good luck!

• posted by topcac
    on

HI Kam – a real plateau is no weight loss for 4 weeks so be kind to yourself and let your body adjust – it will. Drink plenty of water. Good luck and Sheena – first few days can be tough – no denying – be strong, come on here alot and read about other experiences if you find it difficult and many congratulations on your new starts!

• posted by Kamru
    on

Thank you all – really good advice. Definitely not been good with water. I’ll get back to tracking on fitness pal re carbs. I am aiming for 5 very good days and not stressing too much about going over at the weekends (practicalities of family life).

BW
    Kam

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Kamru – welcome.

I have only been on BSD (and this forum) for a week and, like you, I lost weight immediately and then virtually nothing for the next couple of days (it measured ounces, not lbs ๐Ÿ™ ) but, if it’s any consolation on my Week 1 weigh in this morning I had lost the grand total of 3.6kg (8lbs) ๐Ÿ™‚ So keep going and my advice would be to only weigh weekly (says she who keeps vowing to do this, but still can’t resist the pull of the scales every morning ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Good luck and let us know how things go.

PS I have been REALLY strict with myself to lose this amount, so if you are relaxing a bit over the weekend that is fine, whatever works for you, but your loss will be just a tad slower. Good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.