First day tomorrow

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Woowoo
    on

Hi,

So tomorrow is my first day of doing the BSD and I must admit I’m a bit scared already that I’m going to fall off the wagon.

I am on my feet all day at work and grab my lunch when I can (nurse) so often end up snacking.

I’ve got my breakfast and lunch ready for tomorrow. Let’s see how I get on ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

The first thing to be aware of is that falling off the wagon is only temporary, and the folks on here are always ready with a helping hand to pull you back on again. Good luck and remember to keep your fat content up, as this helps you not feel hungry.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Welcome Woowoo and good luck.

Further to MnM’s wise words about falling off the wagon, just remember to get straight back on. Don’t wait until the next day, or the next week. We have all fallen off – it happens – just don’t use it as an excuse to binge, as that is what will cause the damage and more than likely tempt you to give up. Just say, “oops” and get straight back on, and very little (if any) damage will be done.

If you need to snack (and who doesn’t, occasionally), just make sure you have some healthy snacks with you – a couple of nuts (brazils are lowest carbs) or similar. And drink water, plenty of it, particularly if you feel hungry.

Let us know how you get on, and if you need help, advice, encouragement or just a whinge then let us know, someone is always available to help / listen. Good luck.

• posted by Woowoo
    on

So I am on day 4 today so thought I would weigh myself and I have lost 6lbs!! Amazing!

Not finding the diet too difficult but it has shown that I snack out of habit. I have been having 3 meals a day and that is it so drinking lots of water to keep me occupied. I’m just hoping it doesn’t go wrong at the weekend when I’m at home and not on my feet all day at work.

• posted by bigeater
    on

hi woowoo. 6lbs! you are off to a great start. keep it up!

• posted by Woowoo
    on

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost another 2lbs so 8lbs in total in 6 days! I’m amazed but is this a bit excessive? I’ve lost over an inch from my waist.

I’m not calorie counting 3 meals a day out of the book and drinking lots of water.

Loving this diet as doesn’t feel like a diet as I’m not hungry.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Woowoo

Well done on sticking with it, and your great first week’s loss – both weight and waist. I don’t think 8lbs is particularly excessive for your first week, same as I lost in week one (last day of week 16 today, and going into maintenance) and you have to remember that in the first week the loss, whilst hugely encouraging, is mostly water. From now on, the rate may slow somewhat, but if you are in ketosis, it will be fat that is going from hereon in, as opposed to water.

I love the diet too – doesn’t feel like a diet and, in fact, we maybe shouldn’t think of it as such. It is a complete, lifelong way of eating, if we want to maintain the losses – and who doesn’t want that?

Good luck with the rest of your BSD journey.

• posted by Woowoo
    on

I have now lost a total of 11lbs and 2 inches off my waist and stomach.
    Really enjoying the recipes in the book and it doesn’t feel like a diet. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Woowoo
    on

I’ve now lost a stone! Hurrah!
    I feel so much better from eating less carbs. Loving this diet ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by sue126
    on

Well done Woowoo – you must be feeling on top of the world! Keep it up – I’m hoping to join you up there ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sx

• posted by Woowoo
    on

Yeah I feel great! Especially as someone asked me yesterday if I had lost weight. Great inspiration for me to keep going ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.