First Day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chrislyn
    on

Hi everyone.
    I have started the BSD today. I was wondering if there were any 0 calorie items of food I could have to bulk up my meals. Like if I had cucumbers and tomatoes as a side salad does that have calories ?
    Thanks and best wishes to everyone on this diet .

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Chrislyn – Welcome to the BSD. Judging by your post, it sounds like day 1 has been challenging for you. The only thing I know of that is 0 calories and just as importantly 0g carbs, is water, but lettuce, cucumber and konjac noodles come closest I think. Tomatoes are quite high in carbs, so don’t over do them, as the BSD is a low carb approach to eating.

As you progress, you’ll find that you appetite will adjust and lessen. Be sure to stay well hydrated, include plenty of good fats and try to avoid the carbs, as these drive hunger.

Hope the above helps, but if you have other questions or concerns, do shout out. Join any thread on the forum that seems relevant to you and you will receive a warm welcome and you’ll find lots of support and encouragement.

Best wishes and hope to be reading of some excellent results from you soon …

• posted by Chrislyn
    on

Thank you Sunnyb.
    It has been an adjustment today but determined to stick to it. Thanks for your advice. No carbs today. Doing recipes from the cook book so hopefully all will soon fall in place.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on surviving Day 1 Chrislyn – I take it by non carbs, you mean no additional carbs over and above those in the recipes, ‘cos there will have been some for sure.

It does take a while for to get your head round the new approach, after years of hearing the ‘low fat, high carb’ message for year after year after year, but you’ll get there. There will be slips and trips along the way, but don’t panic, it will all come together and eventually it will be second nature to check nutrition labels and leave the high carb stuff on the shelf.

Hope day 2 is easier ….

• posted by Chrislyn
    on

Hi SunnyB. Yes it’s been only the carbs in the recipes . Thank you so much for your support . . Roll on day 2 ! It has been a shock eating full fat stuff and doing my eggs in butter. Have not done this in years !!

Please log in or register to post a reply.