Final proof – HbA1c reading – to encourage those on the 8 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

I finished a couple of weeks ago and am so far just eating a healthier but not abstemious diet to maintain. Reductions in weight, waist, fat content and hugely increased positivity and energy, were all very significant but I wanted to PASS THE TEST! I had decided not to monitor glucose on a frequent basis, so trusted nervously that if all the other signs were good then my blood sugars, as indicated by glycated haemoglobin, *must* drop…

Finally got the reading yesterday and yes the blood sugar diet works! Dr Mosley will be relieved.
    My reading of 48 dropped to 39 after 8 weeks [and presumably may fall lower as it’s a 3 month average]. So I’m officially normal.

The nurse, whilst congratulating me, said that most people prefer biscuits to health…

• posted by Izzy
    on

Great results Jackie congratulations on being ‘normal’ lol

I’d argue a little with the nurses opinion though. Most people don’t prefer biscuits to health I think it’s just that people don’t understand they are addicted and don’t realise how within quite a short time they could realise they don’t mind avoiding biscuits. How achievable this is.

Congratulations on being able to maintain, in some ways that is a bigger achievement than losing weight! Healthy and happy years ahead for you I hope 🙂

on

Izzy agree – it’s a matter of understanding and awareness of how achievable health is… I offered to be an advocate or reference for when NHS [and thus the nurse] becomes LCHF aware. In a way it was slightly disappointing that its going to take them a while to change – the nurse bought the book though, so it’s a start.

• posted by Izzy
    on

yes, converting the world one contact at a time 🙂 It will gain momentum.

I aspire to a world with more understanding of food and nutrition, as well as mental health – for my kids. So they hopefully won’t struggle in the ways my husband and I have.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Congratulations! I had my annual bloods yesterday after 15 weeks BSD. Results back next week. I’ll let you know.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

What great news Jackie WilsonSaid – congratulations on the new you – and to be maintaining your weight and keeping your blood sugars constantly within normal range is fabulous. MM knows this works as he’s done it himself – but I’m sure he’d be as happy for you as I am. Drinks in the club house for you – the place is really rocking because we’re also celebrating captainlynne’s 6 month anniversary of the BSD.
    Best wishes.

on

Thanks Leeanne and Switzerland. The post BSD graduates club is one you want to be a member of!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi

For those graduating from 8-weeks, these clubhouses are currently open: after the 8 weeks and beyond, after 16 weeks, and after 23 weeks (yes, I know it should be 24 weeks, but I was on holiday at the time). The next club house to open, in 6 weeks, will be the after 32 weeks club.

All welcome.

Please log in or register to post a reply.