Fighting the Beast – Sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Aussieute
    on

Awaken the Sugar Monster, Then Slay It Hard – http://bit.ly/2fKBPkW
    Really connected with this, was where I was 20 years ago when I went cold turkey
    Looks like it’s the first of a series.
    No affiliation

• posted by NickyH43
    on

Interesting article Aussieute. When I started the BSD I cut sugar out completely. I too suffered terribly for the first few days. However, I knew I would so I started when I had some time off work to cope with it. I used to take 2 sugars in my coffee, then I cut it gradually down to 1/2 but couldn’t seem to kick it all together until I started BSD. Then I just made the decision to do it, accept that I wouldn’t like my coffee much for a while but persevered and now definitely don’t want to go back.
    I’ve lost 19.5lbs in 4 weeks and feel great, sleep better, skin looks better and generally feeling great!
    How long have you been on the BSD?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Nicky x

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

Trouble is, what nobody tells you is that refined flour is as bad as sugar for raising blood glucose. Sushi can have the same effect as a cream cake. Although I don’t find it very difficult to avoid sugar, I do find that some days I really, really want some bread – ciabatta or a baguette – and that is very much more difficult to eschew. I have also found myself walking home from the chip shop without any real idea of why on earth I bought the things. It’s almost as if I go into automatic pilot where starchy things are concerned and don’t wake up until after I have eaten them. Even constant vigilance doesn’t help then.

• posted by Aussieute
    on

NickyH43 the coffee things was the same for me.
    Hells bells youve done well weight wise … going great
    Iwanttobeslim totally agree also a loaf of white bread is as good as 1kg of sugar (well nearly)
    Why I went off grain.
    Miss the pasta and noodles however.

Please log in or register to post a reply.