feeling low

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wpepsi63
    on

HI I’m a newby TD2 13/5/2016. I’m doing the BSD (just into week 4 now) and have lost 3.6kg so far but feeling low and struggling with emotions and withdrawal from my usual sweet things and watching friends and family carrying on as normal. ” saying its something that affects you not us” .. Finding it hard to weigh and plan meals separately for me and cook for the others. family all say I’m trying to hard and that its making me miserable…and therefore making them miserable/feel guilty too. Does anyone else feel this way? How long will this withdrawal period last? Will I feel better in 4 more weeks or is this it forever? Not coping well.

• posted by Scandigirl
    on

I am starting my fourth week also and down 15 lbs. I like not having acid reflux, having normal blood sugars and not going to bed uncomfortable because I over ate. I am trying to look at food differently and think of it now as way of fueling my body. I went to a party yesterday but ate before I went. All I could eat was a few cashew nuts but coming home I knew I was in control. I don’t think we can ever go back to our eating habits but we should feel so good about how healthy we are becoming. It helps me that I have a friend that is doing it and there are so many great people on the boards who will give you wonderful advice. I think over all I just feel better about myself. It gets easier. Just be prepared and always have food available so you don’t slip up. If you slip up just start again. In the long run you are doing this for yourself! Hang in there.

• posted by Jnette
    on

A year ago I had lost two stone with the 5:2 way of eating and was very happy with myself. Six months ago I went off track to some extent and have now put back on about one of those wretched stone. I may have made it hard on myself and made it harder to stay on it by doing it 5 days on and 2 days off. I have not reverted to all my old bad habits and still don’t eat bread, rice or pasta, but have developed a sugar craving. I just NEED something sweet and or creamy at the end of every meal. I reduced the amount of biscuits I ate by snacking on fruit and nuts, but maybe have substituted the carb craving with the want of sugar. Even more addictive. I just can’t resist Divine cream caramels and Weiss Cafe Latte ice creams!
    My question for Dr Mosley is why do I self sabotage when I know what I shouldn’t eat, but go ahead anyway?!
    I know I can do it and that the diet does work, but why can’t I get back on it and stick to it?

• posted by Scandigirl
    on

Jnette I bet you could find a lob carb dessert you like. I will cook apples and add a little butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. I put them them in small ramekins where I am only eating one half of an apple. I put on a dollop of reddi whip and a tsp of granola and it helps my sweet tooth. You just need to find a good low carb dessert you could have. Then you would be deprived. If that is what you like you need to find something to make you happy!

• posted by Jnette
    on

That’s a really good idea, Scandigirl! I will try that when my current supplies of desserts are gone. Thanks for your help.

• posted by Scandigirl
    on

Jnette we all on this weight loss journal together. Keep us posted!

• posted by Wpepsi63
    on

so its now Jan 2017 and i am now maintaining weight at 56kg… starting weight was 71.4kg …may 2016.
    Achieved goal weight July 201 so diet did work but i found it incredibly hard without much support from family who continued to eat “normal food”.
    However, they all wish they were as thin as aim now ..they watched me loose weight and drop does sizes literally in front of their eyes… from a size 16 to size 8. All friends and family from around the world are now doing the diet! which makes my maintaining goal weigh much easier.

To all those out there struggling with the shall i eat the question? just try to go without..it’ worth it but if you slip up don’t beat yourself up. just stat again on the next meal. I find testing and food logging helps me keep on track. Im lucky that my doctor has helped bu agreeing to me having HBa1C tests every 3 months for first year. Diagnosed in May 2016 hba1c was 128!! yep that’s right 128!!
    by July 2016 (after 8 weeks) was down to 56…by Sept 2016 was 33!! totally reversed T2d. latest test December 2016 it crept back up to 38 but i think thats because I’m no longer weighing food or following recipes but still following the diet on 1600 calories instead of 800.
    my plan going forward is to drop my carbs to below 100g/day and keep an eye on my sugars. I still do 18000 steps a day plus yoga/ resistance training and dog walking to help keep sugar under control. Keep fingers crossed that next HBa1c is little lower … my personal target is to be 30. (although originally told by NHS dietician that it will never go below 68..)

will keep you updated,

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome back, it is always nice to hear someone who has successfully lost the weight and kept it off. I’m glad you have showed the NHS dietician just what is possible and hope you make it to 30 in the future ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by topcac
    on

Wow – that is totally inspirational – well done Wpepsi – Size 8!!! Don’t turn sideways or you’ll disappear ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for posting that, it has made my day – when I saw this thread and that you started it in June I thought – oh no – what happened – but wow….just WOW. You reached for the stars and got the moon as well, chuffed to bits for you. And now you’re evangelising about it too – saving lives no doubt – simply wonderful ๐Ÿ˜€

Please log in or register to post a reply.