Feeling Lousy

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EsmeWeatherwax
    on

I’ve been on the 8 week blood sugar diet for 4 and a half weeks, I felt rough for the first week, then felt better, and been sticking strictly with the diet.
    I’ve upped my exercise, going for an hour’s walk a day but the last couple of days I’ve been feeling really rough again, tired, weak muscles, increased heartbeat and shaky. I managed half an hour yesterday, today I felt lousy, like I’d been hit by a bus and stayed in. I thought I’d got through carb flu, can anyone help?
    I’ve bought some electrolyte tablets to see if they can help, arriving tomorrow

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Esme

I’ve had exactly the same thing – I’m just 6 weeks in but two weeks ago I felt terrible and I’ve had this before when I’ve done low carb. All I can suggest is up your electrolytes like you are and try to drink some more water – I’ve also found if I just up my carbs a tiny bit – I’m talking a dried apricot or two max. for a couple of days helps and then when you drop back down try to drop down more slowly so take a few days to get as low as you have been. You’ve got this!

Also bear in mind the possibility it could be something like COVID…..but the shakiness does sound like carb flu

Hang in there it does improve, when I felt rough last week I just rested as much as possible for a couple of days and I soon felt much better.

Lauren

• posted by EsmeWeatherwax
    on

Glad to hear I’m not alone!
    I think I might have a slight cold as well, no temperature, and still have my sense of smell and taste, I was a bit worried for a while though.
    Hopefully the electrolytes will work and I will bear the dried apricots in mind. I’ve crossed the half way point and determined to make it to 8 weeks!

• posted by florob85
    on

Might be worth getting a test anyway – my parents both had COVID over Christmas and neither of them had a cough or temperature or lost their sense of taste or smell, they just felt like a mild cold!

Hope you feel better, a lot of people suggest dipping your finger in the salt and licking that as a short term solution before your tablets arrive

Please log in or register to post a reply.