Feedback Day 13 BSG Result but weight loss stalled any ideas?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Vetgirl
    on

So day 13 ( my lucky number!) Fasting BSG now 5.2 this morning ( started at 9.9 on day 1) RESULT ! Over the moon! this diet works.
    Sticking to 800 cals religiously, changing my foods about so my body doesn’t get used to them, weighing everything, but haven’t lost anything for 6 days now, disappointing but not the main reason for the diet ( at least the dr won’t be able to say you are obese, have high cholesterol and are diabetic though lol two out of 3 ain’t bad in 2 weeks lol
    If anyone could help with reasons why the weight is stalling I’d be super greatful as would welcome a bit of encouragement at this point. Here’s hoping

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Maybe talk to GP about level of meds as might need to be reduced? Also try strength exercises lying on floor if foot not permitting walking/running? I have found weight loss plateaus and then goes down again!

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

I plateaued for 4 days. Decided to carefully examine everything I was eating. 2 of my medications had artificial and sugar sweeteners in them, so i changed to other forms. So did my creamer. I also cut out dairy, although i loathed to do it, because it was not completely agreeing with me (there is some research out there that indicates that foods we are allergic to may cause havoc on the digestive track). I measured out a “drizzle” of oil and found that i was under-reporting it. At first I used the calories on packages to guide me, but once i actually started weighing the items, I found that the packages under reported calories (hmmm). I do weigh the veggies because i like a lot of them – in omelets and salads; they were adding up, although Dr. Mosley’s concern that we get more veggies in and not weigh them is good advice for most. Once I made those changes, the weight loss started again. Drinking water through out the day seems key to me. I cannot exercise yet due to a back injury, but can now do some simple resistance movements when sitting on the couch. I’m sure that once exercise is started again, there will be even greater weight loss. Day 13 is showing 17 pounds lost (9.2 the first week) and 2 1/2 inches of the waist (I started out at 240.4 lbs – so i’m a big girl, lol). Sticking with the program despite the plateau truly was beneficial. My blood sugars are finally coming down slightly.

• posted by jmjski
    on

Have you been getting enough sleep? Having too little sleep can affect your hormones, which can then affect your weight loss.

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

That’s a good point. My sleep has been negatively affected by the diet. But since i am home bound without a schedule, i make up for it with 2 hour naps until i feel well rested. It’s an old cycle started when i developed pituitary insufficiency (and now resurrected again) and stopped producing most hormones. I’m working at it, but will be even more diligent now thanks to your comment.

• posted by Vetgirl
    on

Will do many thanks for the tips 😀

• posted by Vetgirl
    on

Hi, nice to meet you and thanks for your advice. I cut out diary ( which is my only guilty pleasure for a couple of days) and hey presto weightloss is back on the move ( yay). Without th weightloss my BSG has come down to under 5.5 though so maybe my body was busy doing that and couldn’t multi task lol

Keep up the amazing work and look forward to seeing you alongside at the finishing line!

• posted by paddy57
    on

Hi do you think the reduction in weight loss could be due to extra muscle mass from exercise? I know I’ve increased the amount of exercise I do. Anyone have a way to measure % muscle v fat?

• posted by Vetgirl
    on

I’m sleeping better than ever luckily, over sleeping if I’m honest but as I’m recovering from an op and usually work 15-18 days I’m making the most of the down time. I had no idea sleep affected weightloss though so it’s something I’ll remind myself of when I’m back at work and working silly hours on call with little sleep. Certainly makes sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to lt me know about this 😀 Weightloss has stared again now although slowly but least it’s going in the right direction.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Paddy
    I have a bathroom scales that tells % of fat. ( alarming!)
    Penny

• posted by Melanie
    on

Hi! Mine has stalled too (day 12). In fact scales say have put 0.5kg back on (no!!!!) I have no suggestions but I think for me it’s being on holiday & far more sedentary. I am also not going to let it derail me but remember the total weight loss so far and push on. Good to have those other tips though if things don’t start moving again! Good luck!

• posted by Pinay
    on

I’ve also stalled both on BS and weight-loss. Thanks for tips here. I caught a cold at the start of week 2 and have been nursing a cough that keeps me awake or wakes me up in the middle of the night. Been going on for more than a week now. So maybe that’s the reason my blood sugar isn’t coming down. Anyway, will try to go back to strictly counting calories and increasing exercise. I am now starting my 4th week. Btw, if my diabetes is genetic (3 out of 4 siblings have diabetes), will I still be able to reverse it?

• posted by pmshrink
    on

As I understand it, it’s the inability to deal with the carbs that is genetic, causing fat to store in the liver and pancreas. If you don’t have the carbs and the fat comes out of those organs, the diabetes goes.
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.