February 2022 : One Week at a Time beginning 8th February 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I’m probably not the best ‘mentor’ right now as I am taking a ‘break’ to make the most of my catch up time with my son but by next week I will be back to my normal routine .

I can always remember Verano and others talking about the importance of life events and incorporating those times into this long term way of eating. I certainly get that and I am not stressing one bit. Anything gained will be discarded even if it takes a bit longer .

I will be checking in when I can over the next few days and SG and Sunny will be around to support and advise as always .

Wishing you a good week, a better one if you have been struggling but remember to think long term .I bought some mimosa on the market yesterday .It’s so bright and cheery ( not that I need cheering up right now 😉 and it definitely makes me think that Spring is on its way !

All the very best everyone and welcome to new members !
    Wendy xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

The updated list

Wendleg
    SunnyB
    Sunshine-girl
    Florob85/Lauren
    Antigone
    RubyG
    Onestep
    Tulip1/Clare
    Verano
    Elle-Mae
    Russianroulade
    Californiagirl/Julia
    Stevoka/Kerry
    Windyjulz
    JGwen
    Quetzal
    Catenelson
    Riccoh
    Sixturkeys
    Greenbean
    Merrymelba
    Prittimistri
    LauraY
    LittleDrummerGirl
    Nathalie
    Bravef800er

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Big thank you to Wendy for taking time out from her family time, to set us up for another week.

My weekend away was fun, but not great for making headway on my target. Will see what the scales say tomorrow, but they didn’t read so well this morning. Hoping that the few extra carbs over the last few days, have just been hanging on to water and that things will look better tomorrow, after today’s 23hr fast.

Regardless, here we are with a brand new week and a lovely fresh start. Feeling positive and determined to make this week really count….. hope you are too, so clamber aboard.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Wendy enjoy your time with your son and it’s great news about his new job
    S-G glad you had a great weekend for your birthday.
    My procedure is over thankfully and I am fine. I lost 3 1/2 lbs yesterday with the fasting (and nasty purging). 😨
    On a positive OH took me out for brunch afterwards.
    Thank you all for your good wishes 😁

• posted by Russianroulade
    on

Hi all,
    I think it is really important that we reflect that life sometimes will get in the way with this way of eating and that’s OK. We’ve all had a tough two years and we need to make space to enjoy ourselves. The main thing is to start again and get back on the wagon. This weekend I went out for my SIL’s 40th. I opted to drive, so I wouldn’t drink and I avoided the chips that came with my chicken, but yes I did have some ice cream for pudding. And yesterday me and the other half were so tired that we ended up with a Charlie Bigham’s lasagne. I didn’t weigh myself this morning, but I got back on it today and am well within my 800 cals. I have noticed that if I don’t measure my food, the pounds do creep back on, so my goal this week is to make sure I’m back on weighing all of my food out and checking that I’m not going over my carb target. I plan to be very careful and see what that achieves.
    I have really stuck to the exercise and did two spin classes, boot camp and body pump as well as a swim yesterday. So whilst the weight loss may be plateauing, I can feel my fitness improving and my body toning up. It’s important to hang onto these NSV. So this week let’s see what a combination of hard work good wise and some more exercise does.
    Good luck all. We can do this

• posted by Verano
    on

Wendy so pleased to hear you’re in ‘seventh heaven’ at the moment. I remember when my son came back from Australia! Enjoy!
    I made a new goal last week, slightly higher than before, but I’ve not quite made it. On the positive side I am still losing. Will try harder this week!
    Have a good week everyone.

• posted by florob85
    on

Wendy it’s so lovely to hear you’re having such a wonderful time xx

Russian, sounds like an excellent plan

Sunny glad you had a lovely weekend away!

Sunshine girl glad you had a nice birthday!

Elle mae I’m glad your procedure went ok, and you are recovering well!

Tulip congratulations on all your positive news, so lovely to hear!

Everyone else I’ve missed, hi! Keep going! Love you all!

I’ve been out in the woods the last couple of weeks with an extremely stressful time, both cars broke down, my sister was told she needed a c-section for breech baby, caused all kinds of stress and upset in the family, lots of tears and hand-wringing and then baby flipped right at the last minute so all that drama for nothing, hair and make up trial and bra fitting for wedding led to far too much time sitting staring at myself in front of a mirror which led to a downward spiral of disgust, some personal trauma has resurfaced relating to past assault and that’s just exhausting, and then I was a terrible cat mummy and accidentally ran over my cats tail with my desk chair and she had to have a chunk of it removed 😢😢😢 – so needless to say it’s not been a good few weeks. Surprisingly the damage is only 4lb gain, and I know that’ll be mostly water. So plan for me this week is fast today, to be fair from 9am I’m busy pretty much constantly till 6pm so it won’t be hard, tomorrow I have an unavoidable afternoon tea which has been arranged by one of my friends as a sort of “hen” but it’s just one meal, then back on it straight away and I’m going to focus on drinking alllllll the water, going as low carb as I can bear and keeping cals below 800, and I’m still aiming to lose 8lb by 25th – that’s my dress fitting day and I wanted to lose a stone by then so 8lb takes me there. The 4lb I’ve gained should come off by the weekend as it will be fluid, then it’s just 4lb in two weeks which I think is achievable. So desperate to not look like a hippo in my dress!! Or at least only a baby one!!

Let’s do this!

Lauren xx

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hi all, I’m still here, lurking in the shadows – so much news to catch up on from everyone!
    Bad news re. my tooth – the filling was cracked, and dislodged itself last night, so a dentist appointment is on my list of things to do today 🙁
    Weight-wise, I am still hovering at 12st 1.2 lb this morning, I cannot find the mental bandwidth to knuckle down, work is busy and we are being encouraged back to the office. No carbage is happening, but the usual culprits of eating late, portion sizes and increased calories. The upside of the dodgy tooth is that nuts are off the menu! Every cloud………….
    Re. back to the office, hubby has to buy new work shirts – the stripy shirts he currently has look OK, but the plain colours look and hang like tents!
    Decent food day planned for today – poached egg and tomatoes, boiled egg and a piece of cheese with homemade soup for lunch, and slow-cooked pork with mushrooms and cauli mash for supper.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, nice to see people back for another week. Had to suffer the scales this morning and a gain of around 2.5lbs. That is half of my January loss. So back on it strict today. Started with poached egg and grilled mushrooms, lunch of miso soup with chicken and spinach and will be cooking what hubby was going to do for tonight (chicken sausages with beans) but he cooked me a birthday dinner. Chicken stuffed with butterbut squash and lots of veg. The real damage was the desserts- it had been in the freezer since December as it was going to be eaten on New Years Day but we couldnt be bothered. Oh and the wine. Hopefully I will lose most of the gain by Tuesday of next week and then plan on one pound a week to hubbys birthday at the end of March. I dont really see it as life getting in the way. We have to live our lives and I think our diets have to fit in with what we are doing but being part of keeping us happy and healthy. I think the term is synergy. Working together. However, I do understand about things getting in the way of our best laid plans. Things that jump out at you and take you by surprise. Other life experiences I can plan for like birthdays and holidays.

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hello all, I had a slow start last week, lost about 0.5 kg which I am still happy with considering I didn’t track anything and had quite a few nasties here and there. I have bought the new keto book and I started reading it today and feeling very inspired! I do love a new diet, so much more exciting than same old. I’m promising to myself to track everything from tomorrow, for a week. Even if it’s off plan. But I’m not planning to go off plan! Oh, except it’s Valentines Day on Monday. Maybe just a bit of chocolate.

• posted by Clint N Wong
    on

Hi Natalie, So happy to hear the good news that you are moving to a new diet plan, and we are looking forward to the perfect results.

• posted by LittleDrummerGirl
    on

Morning everyone. Haven’t read through all the posts as having a rubbish week so don’t have the energy – will catch up later.

Reporting a loss of 0.4lb today – wasn’t a bad week, wasn’t 100% on plan either. Suspect I’m retaining quite a bit of water at the moment.

Self-indulgent vent coming up, feel free to skip!

Made the decision on Sunday to rehome our two cats, who we’ve had since they were kittens (now around 4.5 years old). They go back to their original rescue today. I’m devastated and have been in tears pretty much constantly since. I’ve had cats since I was a child and have had many over the years – can’t believe this is the last day I’ll ever have them and it’s a horrible feeling. It’s the best thing for them (and us) as I can’t help them any further and this isn’t the right house and home for them, but I feel like my heart is breaking. I’ve tried so much over the last three years that we’ve had issues, taken over the research where the vets have given up, trialled everything I could find recommended and managed to stabilise and massively improve the health of the poorly sister, even the rescue centre agrees there’s nothing else we can do, but I just feel I’m giving up and my guilt is overwhelming. I also feel that I’m the worst parent, seeing my kids upset – I’ve explained to them it’s fine to be sad and cry and to be angry with me, but they’re being so sweet and understanding and making suggestions for how we could fix things so they can stay that I just feel even worse.

I also have to go away for work tomorrow, over night, and will be expected to eat, drink and be merry. And I’m just not.

Anyway, enough of my self inflicted misery – hope you all have a better week.

• posted by florob85
    on

Just wanted to pop in and send a massive hug to little drummer girl, you’re not being self-indulgent at all – I too would be devastated, and even knowing I was doing the right thing wouldn’t help. Be kind to yourself LDG, it’s still a loss to your family xxx

Thinking of you xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Littledrummergirl that’s really sad, it sounds like you tried hard. Sometimes it’s beyond your control.

I’ve had puppies twice, and gave both up before they were a year old. The first because I moved from a house on a big block to a city apartment (she was a big collie, I rehomed her to a neighbour), the second many years later because my mum was dying of cancer in another state and I was spending a lot of time there or travelling and I just couldn’t give him the attention he needed. I still feel guilty for their sakes and also (with the second one) for the kids having to lose their puppy. They would love a pet but I don’t think I can go through that again.

Sorry for the sad.

Thanks Clint, I plan to be super perfect!

• posted by RubyG
    on

So, supper was night was a sachet of Diarolyte!
    I didn’t eat anything that could have caused any upset, had 2 black coffees from the office machine, and sorry if TMI but by 6pm I was doubled over with cramps and diarrhoea, which cycled through the night.
    Breakfast was another sachet of Diarolyte, and I have had a mug of hot Marmite (no Bovril in the cupboard) at midday, which seems to be OK.
    So far, a 24hr unplanned fast, I don’t feel like eating and don’t even feel like drinking coffee, so I must be ill.
    Hopefully this passes soon and I can get back on track.

• posted by florob85
    on

Poor you Ruby that sounds horrid, I hope you’re starting to feel better xx

I’ve had afternoon tea today which obviously included carbs, and I can honestly say for the first time in a very long time I actually did not massively enjoy it, and actually enjoyed the sandwiches more than the cake which for me is a very different thing as I usually have a very sweet tooth. So maybe my tastes are changing. Anyway, I have 16 days till my dress fitting so I’m on it from now again, I was very good today and only had the afternoon tea and didn’t just go meh that’s the whole day ruined then.

People who do long fasts, any tips?? I’m planning to start a 48 hour fast from now, just trying to mix things up a bit and kickstart things, I’ve done a couple of 48 hours before but I’ll be honest I’ve struggled A LOT – I actually don’t find the second day that bad, it’s actually the first day I struggle with – around about the 20 hour mark I start feeling dizzy and headachy, and then I end up caving. But I really want to try! So any tips for getting through?! Plan is to fast until dinner time Friday now, and obviously I’ll be drinking loads of water and keeping up electrolytes, and black coffee will be involved (I drink it black anyway)

Any and all advice welcome!

L x

• posted by Chocolat
    on

Hi all, just been reading some of your posts on here and it’s really making me feel so much better! Came off the wagon big time after just over two weeks on the keto and was so consumed by guilt and remorse, it’s so nice to hear its not just me. Btw the keto diet’s great, the recipes are really good and I lost a few pounds but then nothing. I didn’t notice any metabolic switch getting flipped or whatever which was a bit disappointing…

• posted by RubyG
    on

I’m back, a few lb lighter but that wasn’t the best way to drop a couple of lbs.
    I managed turmeric-scrambled eggs for supper last night, with a small portion of grated cheese and it went down well.
    I’m still not particularly hungry, so didn’t have breakfast this morning, but I am back on the coffee, so all is good in the world!

Re. long fasts ~48hrs – I’ve not done anything beyond 24hrs for MANY years now, my brain fog can’t recall who on here routinely does a long fast.

I have started reading Prof. Roy Taylor’s Life Without Diabetes, early pages yet but it looks like it’ll be a good read.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, glad that you are on the mend and have been able to stomach a little food again. Hopefully soon you will be 100% fit.
    Lauren, I’m sure Wendy will provide some advice on extended fasting. Personally 24hrs has been my limit so far, so I’m not will placed to offer advice.
    LDG, hope that you are beginning to come to terms with you difficult decision. I know it’s been a rough time for you, do please be gentle with yourself. Big 🫂 coming your way.
    Chocolat, don’t dwell on the transgressions of the last couple of weeks, it will only compound things with negative energy. Dust yourself off and make a fresh start, starting right now … make your next food decision a good BSD/keto one. And remember that weight loss is not linear, there will be times when things seem to stand still and even back slide a little, despite doing all the right things. There is more at play than just what you are consuming, but your body will catch up, so stick with it. Make the most of this great resource as well, having the support and encouragement of all the lovely people here on the forum is invaluable.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi florob85,

I have started to experiment and read up about longer fasts. – I came to the conclusion that I really need to focus on my IR as the issue to heal and that wasn’t improving dramatically by just controlling carb intake. I found it surprising that apparently its only after a 56 hour fast that your insulin levels drop to the lowest / background level. (But bits of data like that set me off on a question of how did they research, what difference does it make being IR, what difference does the eating pattern prior to the fast make……)

Anyway, one of the issues with fasting is that our bodies store water as part of storing sugar stores. As those stores are used up the kidneys release the water and with it electrolytes. Which is why you need to supplement electrolytes especially when you move to a low carb or start to fast. – Your feeling of dizzyness could be a shortage of electrolytes. I don’t do a clean fast, I do have an occasional mug of hot water with a small amount of gravy granules to flavour it . To that I add a generous couple of pinches of table salt and that seems to be enough for me.

Dr Fungs books and podcasts are the best source of information on fasting. If you search there is a useful series of videos where his collegue supports someone doing a 10 day fast and answers lots of questions people have posted about fasting.

There is a facebook group as well for him. Its much busier than this group and you don’t tend to get to know each other but people do pair up on there to support each other for fasts. You often see people posting that they are just starting to do a fast and does anyone want to join in. They used to publish a weekly ADF fasting challenge on the facebook group but have stopped doing that and instead its part of the paid service. At present there is a group of over 400 people who started a 7 day fast at the weekend and plan to do this once a month.

Wendy and I started to support each other doing ADF a couple of weeks ago, but obviously thats not happening while her son is visiting. We thought we would do it away from this forum, simply because it doesn’t seem right to talk too much about a protocol which is not part of DR M’s work.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Thanks JGwen for the fasting info – I am trying a hot marmite again today for lunch (apparently 1tsp = 0.8g carbs) as I’m hoping that will help with the electrolyte balance – would that be sufficient to break a fast, metabolically?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Its not so much the marmite you need as the salt. – I add about a quarter of a teaspoon of salt to the gravy granules when I have them.

There’s all sorts of definitions on fasting. Obviously the pure water only fast is the best simply because you are not taking in anything which will trigger a hormone response. (Although apparently just thinking about food can trigger your body to produce insulin.) However Dr Fung does encourage people to have bone broth and you can have black tea and black coffee as part of a strict fast.

Protein intake switches off autophagy, which is important in damaged cells being salvaged, and is important in preventing loose skin.

Carbs spike insulin production. But but how much they spike it and how long for will be an individual response.

Some people on the Dr Fung facebook group get very evangelical that nothing other than water, black coffee, black tea or home made bone broth should pass your lips. Others get into a panic on if this means you can’t clean your teeth because you are not allowed the carbs in toothpaste. I think I recall one occasion where Dr Fung was saying that home made bone broth was better than anything shop bought, and not to add any flavourings because its adding chemicals to the mix. But on the other hand I have also heard members of his team saying fasting with the aid of the occasional coffee with cream, is better than not fasting.

This is only the 3rd week where I have intentionally fasted so I don’t have a lot of experience to go on for myself. I think that its very difficult to carry out experiments measuring the precise reaction of an individual human body to trace elements of food. Getting used to fasting is as much about the mental space of not eating as much as it is on not eating. So if having a little bit of marmite helps you to fast in the early days then why not.

Dr Fung says its fa

on

Hi all of you hanging in there. Chocolat, that is what this thread is for – venting and putting the past behind us and, hopefully, making a new start. LDG so sad about the cats. We have 3 and one is so badly behaved we keep saying we should get rid of her to a home with no other cats but then, one of our others is her brother and he adores her. Cant do that to them so understand how hard it has been for you. Ruby, hope you are feeling better. Look on the bright side, have you lost any weight by being ill 🙂

Nice to hear about all your different experiments with fasting etc. I am back on my 800/900 cals a day with a 14.5 hr fast between 8pm and 10.30am. Have lost 1lb of my gain already so hoping to be rid by Tuesday. I was thinking in terms of keeping going until hubbys birthday at the end of March but I will have a doctors appointment before then. Looking to get my cholesterol back on track and have a good BG reading. So much planning going on right now. Booked for our UK visit in July/August for daughters wedding. Planning a short break in the Alscace in June. One area we have not been to yet. Might as well do as much as we can now we are staying in France and there are so many lovely places.

Enjoy the rest of your week, we have some lovely sunshine here right now and Spring is certainly on its way.

• posted by Chocolat
    on

Thanks. The idea of fasting is interesting and the evidence for its benefits compelling, but the thought of a long fast is daunting. Also when I read the new keto book the thing that struck me most was protein levels. I now don’t think I was eating enough when I did the BS diet and what would happen if you didn’t have any at all because you are fasting? Wouldn’t you be at increased risk of muscle wasting?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Chocolat,

when I started along the path of bsd, and understanding the importance of insulin control I would have been astonished that I could even achieve time restricted eating never mind fasting. – I only started deliberately doing longer fasts (as apposed to times when I was so busy I didn’t have time to eat) a few weeks ago. So far I realise that for me Alternate Day Fasting is harder than a longer fast. – The difficult time when fasting is the 20 to 36 hour stage when your sugar digesting gut bacteria are demanding they should be fed, and the mental hunger is strongest. /Once you are in deep ketosis your body is quite happy using fat for fuel so you don’t feel physically hungry, then it comes down to the mental hunger of emotional eating.

Muscle wastage is caused by calorie counting combined with insulin. – If you think about it in the terms of our bodies being designed to be hunter gathers. If the hunt was unsuccessful for a few days, it would not be helpful for the body to start breaking down muscles as that would make it harder to successfully hunt the next day. – However, if our insulin levels are too high, then its not possible for our body to access our fat stores so it has to turn to other sources of fuel if we don;t eat as many calories as we burn staying alive.

I realise that while eating low carb has had a lot of positive benefits for me, I have probably been struggling with extreme insulin resistance for over 30 years.. IR so bad that it was mistaken for having an under active thyroid. Its good being on this forum and hearing of people who can achieve their aims sticking under 50g of carbs a day, but its not possible for me, just a slight increase above 20g kicks me out of ketosis for a couple of days even after years of following this way of eating. So time to work on healing the IR.

on

Hi everything, nothing much new here. Same weight as yesterday. Today should be a good day as I am almost back to using one of the meal plans from the back of the BSD book. Quite by accident really, because of what I had in that needed using (cream cheese) Scrambled egg breakfast, tuna and cream cheese dips for lunch and hubby is cooking a fish stew which normally has potatoes (not from the book) but he cooks a few for himself and serves them separately. So cod, onions, carrots and veggie stock cube and creme fraiche. Some people wouldnt want the carrots and onion on the strict keto plan but with what else I have had today I total 28 g carbs.

Chocolat, glad you had a response from JGwen, she is the resident geek when it comes to nutrients and such – hope you dont mind me calling you that JGwen, it is meant in the best way.

Just need to get that hotel booked for June now.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi all, I’m down with a dreadful cold- that appears to not be Covid, but I am completely flattened nonetheless. I am taking a diet break therefore. Much love to everyone, I had a glance through the posts on here and may go back through them if I feel up to it but otherwise will join back in next week.
    Tulip xxxxx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Get better soon Tulip!

• posted by Chocolat
    on

Thanks JGwen for taking the time to fill me in. Looking back a bit I see you have looked into fasting in detail! The problem with fasting for me is not actually doing it but thinking about it beforehand which really puts me off. I think that’s the “emotional eating.” If I think I won’t be able to eat it makes me want to eat even more, and I guess I’m not alone here. Probably said before, the recipes in the new book are really good. But I didn’t lose much weight. So I’m going back to the BSD book.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Chocolat I had to fast for a medical procedure last Sunday I was apprehensive about it. It turned out to be from 9 am Sunday morning until 11.15 Monday morning. I had water only during this time. I found I got hungry about 11.30am/12noon on the Sunday but apart from that I felt fine and found it much easier than I expected. Obviously I had to stick with regardless of whether I wanted to quit 🤣 I just told myself I can have food tomorrow. During this period I also did the weekly supermarket shopping too. I hope this helps.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Reported Clint Wong as spam. Do not click on link.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    Catching up and reading the posts. Thanks Merry . I wondered what ClintNWong was up to, selling us spices !!!

Well folks I had the most wonderful time catching up with my son and he really is a splendid human being ! Kind,caring and funny and very comfortable in his skin . 5 years in Australia certainly suited him but I am relieved to see he is adjusting to being back in France with a new job and the prospect of getting his first grown up place here ( after student accommodation !) Unfortunately being in Paris it will not be spacious but who cares …he is only a 4 hour train journey away 😉
    So I dropped him at Montauban station Thursday evening .My hubby had been away for a couple of days helping a friend working in Bordeaux and he returned the same evening .Sorry if Too Much Information but he was suffering from constipation after 2 days eating pastries, sandwiches etc and very uncomfortable but that eased later in the evening , fortunately. However as a consequence it seems of that ,he could not wee !!!

I gave up at 2am and called a doctor who said he needed to go to A and E so off we went . They soon sorted him out with a catheter, thank goodness ,and he has to continue with that until he gets to see his urologist on Wednesday . We managed about 3 hours sleep when we got back home .

So as you can see I haven’t had time to miss my son !!!

As far as food is concerned I haven’t gone crazy but there have been a few meals out and excesses . I was cooking a lot more as you can imagine my son had missed his French goodies ! Certainly no ADF for me but I will be back to my routine tomorrow. Like JGwen ( did I read she has completed a 7 day fast ??? I must catch up with her ), I am used to regular fasting although not the extended periods .I think my maximum was 64 hours. It really does get easier as the hours progress but obviously you have to be careful if you have a medical condition and it doesn’t suit everyone. JGwen is trying to reverse insulin resistance and is very keen to research and experiment with fasting to deal with that .

So Chocolat , welcome to the thread by the way , try out a few hours fasting, skip breakfast to start with and take it from there .There is a lot of mental strength involved, I agree .

Elle-Mae I hope you are recovering from your procedure
    Tulip/Clare : go easy and get better soon. Hope all is well for the preparation for the new role
    Hope you are fully recovered now too, RubyG ?
    Lauren the dress fitting will be fine .How did you get on with your fasting ?

I have been thinking of you all even though I didn’t have time to post . I am definitely feeling more settled after getting one of my two sons back and it’s lovely to see that the daffodil and tulip bulbs are rapidly emerging in the garden .Spring is not far away and that cheers me immensely !

I am now going to fast until Tuesday lunchtime , maybe longer , and get back to my normal routine. I will be back tomorrow to set up the new weekly thread .

Happy Valentines Day for tomorrow 😉
    lots of love
    Wendy xx

on

Oh Wendy, sounds painful, hope hubby is okay.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hubby is ok , just a bit uncomfortable with the catheter and frequent emptying (!!) Sorry . He was well enough to go out for lunch with his walking group buddies though and he will get various checks at the docs and urologist on Wednesday . He will maybe find out if he needs a little op.

I checked in with JGwen after her amazing 7 day fast .I doubt I could manage that even though I am used to regular fasting. I understand the need to manage insulin resistance though . As a serial dieter I reckon I did a lot of damage .

I feel I need another reset after the last couple of weeks ! I realise I can be lured into complacency around sweet stuff at any time . So on I go !

I hope everyone is ok at the beginning of this week . See you later !

on

Still here although didnt have a very successful weekend diet-wise. Just a couple of vodkas on Saturday night and I am half a kilo up. Seems like I cant get away with it and it is probably from being on a diet constantly – metabolism expects less calories. Anyway, like Wendy I am ready for a re-set and have 4 weeks to my doctors appointment. Not going to set a goal but would like a pound a week. On the good news side, my blood sugars are still going down and I am reducing my insulin a couple of times each week. Not doing so well with the exercise. I am getting fed up of the same old routine so must get out some different DVD’s or search on YouTube. Maybe get back into yoga.

Have a good week.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Do you like pilates SG ?
    If you fancy it there is a series of videos on youtube
    The Girl with the Pilates Mat.
    There is something for everyone…
    I have never tried online yoga.
    The key is finding something you enjoy that you can maintain. It took me a while 😉

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g I have tried mixing things up a bit and it seems to work. I agree that our bodies get used to our own ‘regime’ and mine is usually two meals a day, but when I throw in an extra breakfast meal, usually yogurt, berries and nuts, it seems to get my weight moving down again. I think we do get into a rut, and our bodies do to … try throwing in an extra small meal or snack.

• posted by wendleg
    on

About to set up the new thread xx

• posted by florob85
    on

Oh my goodness Wendy it’s Monday already!! When did that happen?!

Please log in or register to post a reply.