Fasting

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kingdoone
    on

Since I started I have been eating between noon and 8pm . I do not find that too difficult and keeping to the recipes with plenty of fluids .
    Last night I watched the horizon programme about fasting .
    1. I felt Michaels pain ! As an ex health professional myself being overweight feels shameful . But as he didn’t look overweight , the health implications etc . I found very moving .

2 following his own diet advice was very encouraging and I was very interested In the scientific research and his success.
    It has made me even more determined to reach my goal although I have a lot more weight to lose than Michael .
    Out of the 6 in my family , I am the only one who has not yet had a cancer diagnosis , dad and twin brother ca pancreas ,mum brain tumour, sister ca uterus and Barrets oesophagus, other sister ca kidney . My middle daughter also had ca thyroid .
    Another good reason for fasting and calorie restriction .
    Good luck everyone , I can hardly wait for Monday to see how I am doing .
    Dee

• posted by Tinatulips
    on

Hi Dee,
    Started time restricted eating January 2 and am working my way up to 800 calories a day. Just received the new book, The Fast 800. Lost 15 kilos in 8 weeks when the first book came out, so I know it works. Gained it back slowly, giving it my all one more time.
    I am looking for a 800 buddy to take this journey with me.
    Down 2 kilos, ready to take the next step.
    Tina

Please log in or register to post a reply.