Fast, but not really 800….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Solveig
    on

I’ve now tried this for one week only, and have failed four days. 800 kcal is simply too little on days with training or even going for a longer walk, and those days I’ve eaten up to 1600 kcal in total. Still, going from 100 to 96,2 kg in one week is really encouraging. So what should I do, ceep up what I’m doing, or quit my 4-5 hours of hiking and stick to 800 kcal?!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Once your body has adapted to burning the fat rather than the readily available carbs you will be able to train and hike as much as you like, the body won’t run out of that fuel source for a very long time. I would advise you to ease down the amount you are doing in the first week, week and a half, and be very conscious of how many carbs you are having, keeping them preferably around the 40g mark. Stick to the 800 calories, drink 3-4 litres of water and let the adaptation occur. Once this has happened you will be amazed at what you can do on no extra calories. I have several times burnt more in calories than I have actually taken in during a day with no weakness or issues at all. The only proviso is if you are training at very high intensity, sprinting or serious intervals for long periods of time, you will find a limit beyond which you cannot go, so don’t get into problems without having some sort of emergency carb source with you.

• posted by Daisymay
    on

Hi

I have been trying for 3 weeks now, fasting everyday until 1-2 pm and have lost 7 pounds but really felt unwell after the first 3 days, I have now decided to opt for fasting everyday which I don’t find too difficult and only 2 days per week doing 800 cals the other 5 follow the low carb Mediterranean diet and see how that goes, I think it just doesn’t suit everybody. I fortunately do not suffer from diabetes, my fasting blood sugar is 80 – 84 (American guide) so I understand is ok. My weakness is that I do eat full fat Greek yogurt with a tiny amount of berries for desert and a couple of square of 82% dark chocolate for my treat in the evening if I have had a good day and I really look forward to it, my progress is slow and I am disappointed but my body has had years of diets and I think losing weight for me is difficult, I have a stone more to lose so will carry on and maybe try the 800 again if this approach doesn’t work, I am also on thyroxine, menopausal and approaching 60 and fed up being a bit chubby !

Is anybody doing the 800 twice a week and fasting ? Would love to hear how your doing and any advice please

Good luck xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I didn’t do the intermittent fasting at the time, but I did start my BSD time on 5:2, then moved to 4:3 then a month at 2:5 before finally doing 8 weeks at 800. I can’t remember exactly at what stage I started intermittent fasting as well. The main thing I love about this WOE is how flexible it is. Having said that, one of my fast days from 5:2 onwards had two hour long badminton sessions on it, and I never had to eat any extra. The first couple of times I did the two sessions I ‘ran out of energy’ with about 10 minutes to go, but quickly adapted to it after that.

• posted by Solveig
    on

Thank you, Mixnmatch, it makes sense what you say. I’m quite good at keeping the carbs down, at least. I read parts of the book again last night and the motivation came back.

Please log in or register to post a reply.