Fast 800 Energy Levels

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mol800
    on

Hi Everyone

I have been doing the fast800 for 2 weeks now which has gone very well – I have shifted 11lbs which is great motivation.

The problem I have is that although I am not feeling hungry between meals and snacking (which was my downfall) I am feeling absolutely drained of energy for the last couple days. I have followed the diet virtually to the letter (apart from last night when I had a healthy ish takeaway of lofted kebab – no pitta just salad!)

I literally have no energy today and struggle to make it up the stairs – I thought this might have happened before now but wanted to see if anyone can reassure me?? Will it pass? If so when!??

Thanks all.

• posted by Squidge
    on

It’s quite common for people to feel like this near the start – hopefully you’re just experiencing this drain a little later than is usual. If that’s the case it will pass within a few days. Drinking plenty of water will help a little.

If you don’t feel better quite soon, then you might want to see your doctor in case it’s nothing to do with the diet.

• posted by alliecat
    on

H1 Mol800. The per1od when our bod1es sw1th 1nto ketos1s (burn1ng our own fat stores for fuel) can vary between
    a few days to as long as 3 weeks, depend1ng on how 1nsul1n res1stent we are. What do you mean by follow1ng the
    d1et “to the letter”? 1f you are us1ng the rec1pes 1n the book, you w1ll f1nd that they can be off 1n calor1e counts by
    at least 100 cal. or more. Add1t1onally, MMosley 1s non spec1f 1c about the number of carbs, and many of us have
    had to go s1gn1f1cantly below 50g per day to ach1eve the results we are look1ng for. 1 knew 1nstantly when 1 was
    1n ketos1s, not by us1ng a mon1tor, but how my energy soared. 1f you share your macros, we may be able to help!
    Very best w1shes,

All1e

• posted by Mol800
    on

Thank you Squidge, I look forward to feeling better soon!:)

• posted by Mol800
    on

Hi alliecat

I have been using the book, yes! I assumed the calories per recipe would be spot on 🙁

Not sure about macros..
    And I’ve not had much at all in the way of carbs

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi, There is an experience nicknames carb flu, which some people go through at an early point in this journey. When we eat a carb high diet our body has to hold on to fluid. When you drop the carbs the body releases the stored fluid but with it the kidneys also release electrolytes. – Try increasing your salt intake to replace the electrolytes. That works for most people. You can either melt a pinch of salt on your tongue, or dip your finger into a pot of mineral rich salt and lick the salt off, or drink salted water.

• posted by Squidge
    on

It must be really difficult to give accurate calorie counts for recipes. Different brands of the same thing will have different calorie counts and lots of items will be variable sizes. Eg One slice of ham or chicken drumstick could be twice the size of that selected by someone else.

If we intend to stick to a precise calorie count it’s best to calculate them ourselves using the weight of items we’re using and the calorie counts on the packs.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Mol800: When you are able, slowly read through The Fast 800 book again. Dr Mosley refers to exhaustion and other side effects on page 46, and pages 143 to 145.

HTH!

Please log in or register to post a reply.