Fast 800 and thyroditis

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by princesslizzie
    on

Hi everyone, I’m really keen to start the Fast 800 but I have read previously that fasting isn’t good for thyroid patients, which I am. I have Hashimotos. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with this? Thank you in advance 🙂

• posted by neohdiver
    on

I keep meaning to research that, since there is supposed to be some incompatability with either a low carb or fasting eathing style.

But getting my diabetes under control took priority (diagnosed with diabetes and Hashimoto’s in the same visit), then cancer reared its ugly head so that took priority, now I”m scrambling to make sure I know my bosses’ job before she vanishes . . . so I haven’t done the academic research I usually do.

But as a practical matter that means I’ve been doing a bit of research on myself. My doctor has been tweaking my thyroid medication, but it has remained relatively stable and within normal limits for most of the year. He’s tweaking the meds to find the ideal numbers, within the range, since he likes to play. So – from a practical standpoint, my 6 weeks (pre-cancer) and 4 weeks (post-cancer) on 800 calories and (mostly) 16:8 intermittent fasting haven’t kept me from maintaining completly normal thyroid levels. (I’m on 75 mcg of levothyroxine and 5 mcg of liothyronine (synthetic T3) – both at the very low end of the dosage ranges.)

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi princessl
    This is general info, my experience, we do have to be aware that we are all different. I am a RN (retired) but do tend to research a lot, often. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 10 years ago, had two trials on meds which caused huge problems, once the boffins had nothing else to offer I was left to self-manage. I also acquired an element of adrenal fatigue as part of the deal. Until March this year when I decided to give this BSD a go I was getting by but only at half mast most of the time, and despite trying to quit kgs with exercise, nought worked. I am not diabetic nor pre-diabetic my HB1Ac was getting up there though. The BSD had me curious so gave it a bash. I am still on it 6 months later, just achieved my normal BMI and tweeking the plan to keep me here. Have lost 19kg to date and feel great, energy abundant, wellbeing a treat to behold. I had recent blood tests thinking for sure my TSH would be as near normal as humans get but it wasn’t, it’s OK and not rising so I”ll take it. Feeling this healthy is the pay off. If you are cautious about the fast 800, how about starting with the 5:2 a lesser form of fasting.

Neohd
    Your doctor seems to be well informed adding the vital T3. Hope you are in good form now, what a hit you took!

N.

Please log in or register to post a reply.