Fast 800 advice

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lisaj63
    on

Hi, hubby and I are doing the fast 800 and in nearly 3 weeks have lost 16lb . I’m a bit confused about whether to have milk in my tea/ coffee ? I don’t like either black. I have bought the recipe book to go with fast 800 and some of the recipes use milk ! Should I be using it and if I do will this stop me going into ketosis? Or should I use almond milk ? Would that be ok ? Also is it important to be in ketosis even though I am losing weight ? Thanks in advance

• posted by Rainey
    on

Here’s what Dr. Dan Maggs has to say about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOqgn_d4Cc

He has a freakin’ *ton* of videos on keto dieting and intermittent fasting covering all manner of issues and questions. Plus he provides all this information in a most clear and entertaining manner.

PS Tea has a delicious but very subtle flavor. Do try it without milk and sugar. You’ll actually *taste* it. And it’s lovely! Personally, I don’t understand why people who want to drink hot milk and sugar bother with the tea… Just an unsolicited personal observation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I would say as long as you are not having 7 or 8 cups a day and can manage with a small amount of milk it should not take you over your carb allowance. Milk has 5gm of carbs per 100gm (or mls) so not a lot. Almond milk is a lot lower if you find you can drink it in tea and if you are really worried about ketosis. Dont know how much other carbs you are having but if you are 50g per day or less you should still be able to be in ketosis.

Please log in or register to post a reply.