Fallen Off The Waggon

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by molzify
    on

I’ve fallen off the waggon with this plan because my weight loss was slow from the get-go because of all the substitutions I had to make (I’m vegetarian and hate eggs with a fiery passion that could compete with the sun) as well as always having apple cinnamon porridge or other sweet breakfasts. And slow weight loss just made me go “meh whats the point” in addition visiting my partner monthly meant I’d be bingeing.

The last week I made a meal plan and I think had about 2 of the meals on it because I just didn’t see the point as well as, issues with a grocery delivery resulting in my food that was supposed to come on Sunday read for the week ahead arriving on Tuesday instead.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get back on track and any recipe suggestions for fussy vegetarians?

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Molzify – I am vegetarian and here are some of the evening meals that I enjoy that don’t contain eggs:-
    Roasted vegetables with griddled halloumi
    Spinach and chickpea curry with cauliflower rice
    Skinny cottage pie with cauliflower mash – from the BSD recipe Book
    Quorn sausages with Savoy cabbage cooked in butter
    LOw carb pizza- from the book
    Skinny aubergine Lasagne – from the recipe book
    Chick pea chilli

Lunches tend to be
    Cottage cheese and salad
    Cheddar cheese ploughmans
    Hummus and crudités
    Cream of mushroom soup – in the recipe section on this site- it’s delicious!

I think when we read about how quickly some people lose weight on BSD it is easy to feel disheartened when our weight loss is slower. I am not losing my weight quickly but definitely steadily. I have lost 20 lb in the last 10 weeks. LIke you, I want to get my weight into a healthy BMI range and I reckon it will take me at least 24 weeks at this rate! I am really enjoying this way of eating and the best part for me is that I don’t have any craving for sugar any more. It isn’t easy doing this being vegetarian because we have less choice. I hope that you find some ideas here to inspire you to get back on track.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m not vegetarian, but my advise is to make a fresh start. Forget what happened previously. This is a new beginning and you are serious about achieving your goal. Really, so much of the way of eating depends on mind set. It’s important to understand that as individuals, we will all lose weight at different rates, so embrace any loss as a positive – no matter how small it may be.

Ditch the sweet breakfasts; keep your hydration up; make sure you have plenty of fats in you meals and try to eat mainly above ground veggies, as these tend to be lower carb than root veggies. Don’t be frightened to make up your own meals and recipes – check out those on this site – just be sure to calculate the calorie and carb content.

Good luck – hope you manage to find a way forward using the BSD to get to where you want to be. Let us know how you get on.

• posted by fatrabbit
    on

I am a vegetarian that doesn’t eat eggs too. I am eating lots and lots of veg either as salad with cottage cheese or cooked with olive or coconut oil in stir frys or curry or chili. I eat lots of pulses too. I don’t worry about carbs from veg. I am limiting my eating to a 4 hour window so I get maximum benefit from fasting and can get fairly full when I do eat. It is working really well. I have lost ten pounds in two weeks this way. I never use recipes I base meals around the veg I have available and use lots of spices. I get through the fasting hours by drinking lots of black coffee in the morning and then flavoured teas in the afternoon. I like fennel, cinnamon and peppermint best. If a bad patch hits a spoonful of marmite in hot water helps a lot. The salt helps with hunger and headaches. I actually think it is easy as a veggie as we can eat so many veggies as they low calorie and they come in such variety. I try to eat at least 7 or 8 different ones every day. I am not feeling deprived at all. But you have to get the processed carbs out of your system before it becomes easier. It is hard for the first couple of weeks. I used to eat lots of pasta which had to stop. I have been doing intermittent fasting since November but only switched to the BSD a couple of weeks ago. I still need to lose 60 lbs and don’t want it to take too long.

Please log in or register to post a reply.